Clowns on Praise or grumble (and not all of them are blunts)

59 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Clearest dive by an opposing player I've seen in 84 years of watching football young man! ;)

Then you have been watching with your eyes closed. Clearest pen as your likely to see and I actually love the man. 

One game this season that makes me think about the value of Hutch was West Brom at home when we let that young lad run through half our team to score at the end. I was screaming at Joey to take the yellow card and the foul never came. 

Hutch has a really good football brain and it's simple situations like that where we've missed him. 

42 minutes ago, bobness said:

No one is saying he's Ronaldo... but if you can find one player in squad who is performing solidly week in and week out, then I'll concede defeat in this Internet squabble!

May as well play none of them, as none are consistent enough!

lol

Hutch is our best player, end of

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Arsenal wasn't a big game -  meant fuckall in the scale of things.

Daft penalty on his big day v Chelsea.

Took Lopez's place v Hull and failed.

First penalty v Huddersfield and missed.

Complete fuckup at Brentford and missed 2nd half.

I like him a lot but he's a nearly man and before anyone starts, he's the ome who sets himself up as a warrior.

Perfect example of why we are soft and not just him either.  Harsh but true.

Sorry.

It was pulling that lad down at Brentford after about 5 mins and giving the pen away that did it for Luhkay I think. Don't think he played again after that. It was a very lazy thing to do early in a game.

8 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

Hutch is our best player, end of

& I don't think he's in the top 5 but it's all about opinions. I'm undecided on him I like his aggressive attitude I think it sets the team up nicely but as others have pointed out he has let us down before (not on his own neither).

I'm on the fence let's see how the rest of the season goes I expect him to play lots if fit.

6 hours ago, alanharper said:

So he's given away a few pens.  It happens, I've seen Westwood give away more than him.

And he missed a penalty in a shootout? I've seen some of the best players in the history of the game do that.

And he wasn't great in the play off final like everyone else. Do you remember when he replaced Lopez in the play off semi at Brighton when we were getting completely overrun and we looked a totally different side from then on? You could say that without him that night we may not have even made the final.

At least he didn't bottle the penalty even though his legs had gone, unlike some one who shall remain nameless!

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

I'm glad to see him back in the team playing week in week out.  

Certainly gives the defence the protection they need.  

And that is his achilles heel, can he play week in and week out, with his injury record?.

At best he is a 25 games a season player.

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Was itfuck.....it was a huge turning point in this season after an iffy starr.

We beat Arsenal beautifully, full house, half their reserves in the League Cup.

In the context of both games I'd have preferred a lucky 1-0 v Brentford and Hutch coming out 2nd half instead of fuckingup a decent first 30 acting like atwat.

I like him buf he isn't a winner.  Sorry.

Huge turning point of the season.....3 games in....alreight

9 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

We could get another defensive midfielder in AND keep Hutch.

just a thought.

We need one. Hutch is the only player in our squad that fits the DM mould. Hector played there for Reading (and the reason why Chelsea bought him) but is playing so well at cb with Lee's it'd be counter intuitive to change that. Pelupessy hasn't got the bite or the drive forward that Hutch has, so for me we lack cover in that position....a defensive midfield powerhouse with energy and drive....we are a better team with him, but would have a better squad if we had cover in that position too.