Defence so much tighter

Guest LittleG
50 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Think Jos got a raw deal in some respects but his constant changing of both defensive personnel and formation, and subsequent frustration at our lack of defensive cohesion, was possibly the most baffling thing I’ve ever seen from a Wednesday manager. 

Not sure he got a raw deal; most of the issues and problems were self inflicted.

Yes, Luhukay created most of the problems.

He created the Frozen Out group and the impact on morale was of course disastrous.

As Room0035 says:

I understand building for the future but if Jos had stayed in charge with his insane plan we would have been in league one next season.

It took a while but well done DC for getting rid.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

First 22 league games - 40 goals conceded. 

Last 7 games here’s our goals against...

We aren’t scoring many, but if Bruce can keep us this tight at the other end we don’t need much from FF, Fletch, Lucas & Co to give us a VERY successful final third of this season.

Against Ipswich we weren’t that far away from putting 6 past them.. FF is still rusty, Reach would have hit the target if he’d been 20 yards further out.. it all bodes well for the future .

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Playing a settled back four/goalkeeper has made a huge difference. 

Dross completely undermined any chance we had of keeping clean sheets, forming a solid defensive unit with his constant tinkering and general f*ckwittery. 

Cant argue with a word of that. 

Our defenders had had no hope of getting used to each other, and no criticism of Dawson, but KW is another level. 

I still can’t believe the confusion over the Jo’s era. Guy completely lost it. I mean he can’t buy a result gets a result them changes it again formation, personnel 

banished senior pros. Guy was something different. 

A complete wasted year and watch our finish now my guess is we will have a decent run and probably just miss out thinking if it wasn’t for that clown we would have got automatic then the years off the FFP will follow 

how did he even get interviewed who put that clown forward I scinverly hope niwcthet Bruce is here that advisor has been shot 

The alternative is now we are winning the playoff final and living happily ever after 

It's the defensive combination of 6 players that has helped create a sold back line.

Westwood

Palmer  Lees   Hector  Fox

Hutchinson

Reason for improvement in defence.

1. Not playing out from back.

2. Settled formation.

3. Some players had stopped trying for JL brassed off with antics. Just look at shots per game we had against us before and after he left. 

Some of us on here said at the beginning of the season that Dross was way out of depth. But we were in the minority and we're shouted down and even called BlaVes. But at least we got what we wanted Dross out and a proper Championship manager in.

Well done Mr C.

Westwood and Hutchinson need contract extensions they are part of a very good spine the sooner we get those two secured the better then we can look at other areas I hope it doesn’t get to the point we can’t renew theses due to FFP it will be desasterous to think we can replace them on a free 

On 04/02/2019 at 13:29, owls maniac said:

Jos shuffling the back line constantly and throwing young lads like Baker in at the deep end certainly didnt help. 

I think this is key ..

even if you were playing the young lads like Baker, consistency is key for any player and group to find form, confidence and consistency.

Keep shuffling the pack and no rascal gets in to any rhythm or knows what they are doing!

Same with tactics as well!

On 04/02/2019 at 11:01, Holmowl said:

First 22 league games - 40 goals conceded. 

Last 7 games here’s our goals against...

We aren’t scoring many, but if Bruce can keep us this tight at the other end we don’t need much from FF, Fletch, Lucas & Co to give us a VERY successful final third of this season.

There’s a witty remark about tightness and bedroom antics in here somewhere that I daren’t make. 

Edited by shandypants