So who are they? Red Bull? Amanda Staveley?

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

A club with our heritage being bought by Red Bull would be criminal. Even if they gave us a blank cheque. 

I agree but would be amazing if a local lass like Amanda, armed with her squillions, could do a Wolves or Bournemouth.

What I still can't work out after Jan and no sales, is where the dosh is now coming from , in relation to FFP. 

Edited by fred mciver

Guest addedtime
2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think every club is for sale at the right price but don't think Wednesday in particular are up for sale.

Chansiri saying he has several offers is probably a bit of spin on his part.

Don't expect any sale any time soon.

So EVERY club is up for sale, but we aren't?

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

A club with our heritage being bought by Red Bull would be criminal. Even if they gave us a blank cheque. 

Haha! A club that makes 16m per year being bought by a global commercial and entertainment powerhouse. 

My consensus sir is that only someone with the deep pockets and global reach of Red Bull would be able to get Wednesday to the very top table e.g. global brand top 6 Prem. 

Criminal is the delusion that we're still important enough not to have to work with the likes of Red Bull...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

I agree but would be amazing if a local lass like Amanda, armed with her squillions, could do a Wolves or Bournemouth.

What I still can't work out after Jan and no sales, is where the dosh is now coming from , in relation to FFP. 

Thats if she actually has the money though, it was debatable if she was a bit of a Sheard up at Newcastle.

I think DC is getting signings like Iorfa in now, loans will be free favours, hoping and sensing that as more clubs breach 39m the rules need to change. If not then Bruce has to work on a shoestring which he is capable of.

15 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Thats if she actually has the money though, it was debatable if she was a bit of a Sheard up at Newcastle.

I think DC is getting signings like Iorfa in now, loans will be free favours, hoping and sensing that as more clubs breach 39m the rules need to change. If not then Bruce has to work on a shoestring which he is capable of.

Got the impression when Bruce was talking that the two Newcastle lads are a favour. Again, just shows what having a likable, known, experienced manager with contacts in the game can do.

On the ownership side, happy to Mr Chansiri to remain if he keeps supporting the club the best he can, and leaves football decisions to Steve Bruce.

2 hours ago, RichieB said:

I don't believe DC when he said he had offers for the club a day after the forum (£175m hahahhahaha), and I certainly don't believe that he is actively trying to sell the club right now.  

Let’s face it if you was selling something and multiple interest was in it you’d say one has bidder this price hoping the other interested will pay more and so on. Chansiri is playing a smart game of keep saying there’s interest to get the other potentially interested parties to hurry up and make a decision and a move or to up there fee. Even if he’s not actively trying to sell just by doing this alone will potentially bring more people out of woodwork etc not many would want to miss and opportunity like buying Wednesday 

Edited by Lomas613

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

You can thank me for that..

I've paid a few quid to get that cheeky monkey Preslav Borukov back over here as he still ain't finished my garden.

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think every club is for sale at the right price but don't think Wednesday in particular are up for sale.

Chansiri saying he has several offers is probably a bit of spin on his part.

Don't expect any sale any time soon.

Wonder how many times this will have to be confirmed before people start understanding lol 

For £175 million it’s got to be red bull , no single investor would pay that for us haha, and also it was all over the place that they were looking for a club wouldn’t surprise me if they kept hassling dc now. 

Im happy how we are now tho, DC should have done this from the start tho.

We could be bought by Bill Gates or the Kraft family or any Trillionaire Arab King but we'd still be in the same boat. We've overspent and the debt is against the club - and here lies the problem with all EFL football clubs, not just ours.  

I listened to something on the radio (5Live, Talksport?) a few months back where a Football League representative was explaining about FFFP and sustainability and, to be fair, he made some sense.  Don't quote me on this but he said something along the lines of "a football chairman can spend as much money as he likes on player recruitment (fees, wages,etc) as long as he only places £39M of that spent against the club in a three year period".  Example: a chairman of an EFL club spends £100M over three years; £39M is placed against the club and £61M comes out of his own pocket, is his personal debt and cannot be placed against the club in any way shape of form, even though the player becomes an asset of the club.  

Very few, if any EFL club owners will spend their own money to fund signings without that money being transferred to the club in the form of a director's loan - and why should they?  They might spend they odd bits and bats here and there (maybe the famous Milan Mandaric "£350K - no more, no less" was an example of this and my guess is this is the way MR C has funded our latest three acquisitions - or maybe just the two loans) but they won't pile in the megabucks without some way to retrieve that cash when the club is sold - can you imagine it?

Potential buyer: "The club is independently valued at £50M - so I'll offer £89M which also covers your loans against the club"  

Selling owner: "I want £150M to cover my personal spend"

Potential buyer: "See ya"

The rules might have been changed or tightened since I heard that interview but that is essentially what I heard.  

If I understood the interview correctly and the above is still the case then maybe going for a "Red Bull" ownership option is the way to spend without restriction, but only if the "Red Bull" type company saw our success as a way to forward their brand and were willing to write off everything over £39M as a marketing exercise, however, we'd definitely have to sell our souls to go that way as we'd no doubt be renamed "Sheffield Red Bull Wednesday", "Red Bull Wednesday" or "Sheffield Red Bull".  

If I'm honest, I can't see FFFP and Sustainabilty continuing in their current forms.  Far too many clubs (and big clubs at that) are being restricted by these forms of financial governance now.  Either the FFP limit will be increased and the Sustainabilty criteria will be "loosened" or both will be discarded for something a bit more flexible

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why the hell are we debating this gutter press troll talk, which was only instigated to take away the positives from SBs appointment.

DC is so passionate about our club, yes he's made mistakes but the last thing we need at the moment is to throw in negativity and be talking about takeovers etc.

IMO there's a feel of excitement around the place currently, not experienced for a few years.

New management team, new players, different strategies, so let's not spoil the momentum and get on board.

Onwards and upwards with DC and SB for me.