Morgan Fox

6 hours ago, Ian said:

I understand the feeling that criticising players doesn't make them play better but I'm wondering if it's any coincidence that Fox has improved since he was boo'd off.

Perhaps that was the wake up call he needed

Booing any player does nothing to help them play better. Constructive criticism along with a bollocking is different, but booing is destructive, not constructive.

Any recent improvement is more likely due to a combination of Bullen, then Agnew, giving words of encouragement, a settled line up, the presence of Westwood and less emphasis on retaining possession in our defensive third. 

Think Fox Palmer and Lees have all improved since the departure of Jos.

Several factors at play here and all to do with his removal.

New coaches

Settled back line 

Consistent tactics and formation

Return of Hutchinson’s defensive shielding

Return of Westwood’s ability to organise.

The latter is the key factor for me. He’s been giving those in front of him a right earful since his return.

21 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Morgan Fox has done so much better, but does this make him good enough?

There are a lot of people shouting down those Fox haters right now, does that make those haters ultimately wrong? 

Fox to me is like a poor mans Palmer.   Palmer I believe can make the step up you see, but I don't think Fox can.

Please do not mistake better performances for ultimate ability to be a great performer at this level I suppose is what I am suggesting.

Fair comments and I agree. I also agree with a lot of what the OP said. He is playing well atm but even still I am not convinced he is good enough as first choice left back going forward. Tbf a lot of this can be said of Palmer too.

What does grate on me is the abuse they get. At the end of day whether or not you think they're good enough they always try their best. Isn't the old cliché that thats all we ask for? Being of the opinion that they're not great players doesn't mean we're entitled to spout some of the awful stuff thats said or posted about them.

Guest LittleG
30 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

It’s short for thalidomide.

It's a horrific word to use and he thinks it's funny; he definitely should be banned for a period of time.

22 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Morgan Fox has done so much better, but does this make him good enough?

There are a lot of people shouting down those Fox haters right now, does that make those haters ultimately wrong? 

Fox to me is like a poor mans Palmer.   Palmer I believe can make the step up you see, but I don't think Fox can.

Please do not mistake better performances for ultimate ability to be a great performer at this level I suppose is what I am suggesting.

I prefer when you didn’t post 

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

Time to give the lad a break, by all accounts he’s been doing well. Long may that continue

Absolutely, I was a critic but credit to him for his recent form, whether that is good enough for mr bruce remains to be seen, I think the standards required may now have been raised somewhat