Morgan Fox

37 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Calm down snowflake, the meaning of the word is a stupid or uncoordinated person. Ban, haha get real. 

You're just as bad you moron....we know what it means and it's still just as unacceptable

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mishowl said:

He's not good enough. Morgan Fox doesn't play in a team that gets promoted to the Premership.  

Nor do 99% of those players, and right now we aren’t aiming for that . Fox has always tried his best but has  improved no end . His passing is accurate and defending solid. Getting turned by a Chelsea player is not a reason to bash him like many a half wit on here . 

Long term is he the answer probabaly not , but every single position needs improvement so it’s nothing different throughout the team 

He's been much better. Much better. He was utter shybo before though. You've got to admire his guts to come through all the hammer he took and play consistently well like he has for the last 6 weeks or so. Is he the long term answer? Of course not but let's respect how much he has improved.

Palmer has also been a bit better but he still has the same flaws (namely halfway line ball watching) that he'll always have.  You can definitely see that there is actual coaching being done now. 

Everyone will see the difference to what a proper full back looks like when Aorfa gets up to speed. 

12 hours ago, Mishowl said:

He's not good enough. Morgan Fox doesn't play in a team that gets promoted to the Premership.  

Football is full of players who win things they don't deserve

Djimi Traore and Igor Biscan are Champions League Winners....

I'm surely plenty of teams have gotten out of this division with players their fans thought didn't deserve to be there

Fox has improved but is still garbage. He is feared death and just kicks the ball anywhere. His passing is shocking. Did nobody watch him against ipswich, the little he had to do was dreadful. Reach's sitter came from an awful attempt from Fox. Bannan was bollocking him for his bad passing! Lead up to the goal was from a shocker of a pass from Fox to Hutch who was only 5 yards away. We literally didnt have to defend against Ipswich but anyone who thinks Fox played ok are deluded

13 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

He's got the attributes to play at the back centrally... he's done well at left back lately.. but his tendency to drift inside is inate I'm afraid.

I'd happily see him in the centre half group.

I've been an advocate of moving him inside to cb as he's pretty tall, solid in the air and not bad tackling.

I would actually have more faith in him coming in to cover cb than bringing VanAkren in if we have a mini defencive crisis. 

13 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Really chuffed that this lad is finding his feet and is now producing solid performances from left back. Sure he will be under pressure from the laddie from Newcastle for his place but it’s just great to see him silencing the idiots who’ve seemingly made him a scapegoat. Onwards & Upwards Foxy!

Like most of our players, they will be judged completely differently now they are managed by someone who has a clue what he is doing.

13 hours ago, SiJ said:

Tbf to the lad, he's finally getting a consistent run of games in the side and is doing so within a reasonably settled back four/goalkeeper combination. 

It's got to help. 

Really don't think Jos helped Fox (along with a fair few others) with his bizarre rotation/selection "approach". 

I think this is key and its not just for Fox, its for any player really (which is such a contrast to what Jos did this season compared to end of last season!)

Consistency is key for many .. you have to get games under your belt to get in to form, to boost your confidence and get doing the right things .. its no surprise that the back 5 look much better after a consistent run of games together

8 minutes ago, Shot down in flames. said:

He got called out for his bigotry then went on the attack and dug a bigger hole, the darker side of owlstalk I don’t like.

Dark side. :laugh::laugh:

This is all a bit extreme.

Edited by Not Jon Newsome