Morgan Fox

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's not just him tho is it?

They'll all have to stop playing silly buggers and get down to the training ground on time and get their fingers out.

The beady eye is on the lot of them now.

The good thing is that we now have a manager who knows the business and the players know he knows the business.

There is nowhere to hide, I think we'll see a lot of improvement in general and if yesterday is anything to go by Bruce looks like he intends to use positive tactics.

It's time for the players to step up or risk being shipped out in a few months.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Either a typo (not sure for what) or needs banning.

It's the way he speaks.. he's posted in other threads and been alright.

I don't know what gets into him..he must be looking for a reaction.. which he's got.

Or be brought up in such a way that shames his parents and himself.

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's the way he speaks.. he's posted in other threads and been alright.

I don't know what gets into him..he must be looking for a reaction.. which he's got.

Or be brought up in such a way that shames his parents and himself.

We're all different. Maybe I'm to precious.

I thought some words were a no-no. 

Perhaps he can't help it.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

We're all different. Maybe I'm to precious.

I thought some words were a no-no. 

Perhaps he can't help it.

I'm of the thalidomide generation.

I shared a desk for a bit with a**** ..who had a torso and four stumps.

She had two digits at the end of her arms.

She was blonde with blue eyes and a lifeforce and sense of humour I could only dream of...if she heard anyone misusing her illness as a term of abuse she would laugh at them.

I'm not as good as her because it makes me angry and lowers me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm of the thalidomide generation.

I shared a desk for a bit with a**** ..who had a torso and four stumps.

She had two digits at the end of her arms.

She was blonde with blue eyes and a lifeforce and sense of humour I could only dream of...if she heard anyone misusing her illness as a term of abuse she would laugh at them.

I'm not as good as her because it makes me angry and lowers me.

My mum used to look after a similarly afflicted child one Sunday  in four, to give their parents a break (70s). I was too young to know any different and have always assumed wer're all the same deep down.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Morgan Fox has done so much better, but does this make him good enough?

There are a lot of people shouting down those Fox haters right now, does that make those haters ultimately wrong? 

Fox to me is like a poor mans Palmer.   Palmer I believe can make the step up you see, but I don't think Fox can.

Please do not mistake better performances for ultimate ability to be a great performer at this level I suppose is what I am suggesting.

I think Fox is better than Palmer. He can certainly cross a ball better than Palmer and he's better in the air.

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

There are a lot of people shouting down those Fox haters right now, does that make those haters ultimately wrong? 

Fox to me is like a poor mans Palmer.   Palmer I believe can make the step up you see, but I don't think Fox can.

Please do not mistake better performances for ultimate ability to be a great performer at this level I suppose is what I am suggesting.

Tend to agree with this. 

Ultimately, if we are to compete at the top end of the table, we need better.

Balls of steel for picking up his form though, despite the abuse. Fair play to him.

Now and again you get a player who looks ordinary in his favoured position.

Then by accident or a clever bit of management looks the business when given a different role or position

Kieran Lee, switched from full back to midfield.

Paul Warhurst, Centre Back to striker

Mel Sterland central midfield to full/wingback,

Gerry Young, striker to defensive midfield.

Fox looks like a left sided central defender to me. Physically and mentally tough enough to hack it there.

Any Owlstalkers think of any I missed.

3 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Isn't that what's wrong with the situation? That people can't see beyond the fact they didn't/don't rate a player and can't praise him for having a good run of games?

For example I'm not a big Fletcher fan but I can't deny he didn't deserve player of the month and is rightly first choice in that position.

Glad to see him doing welll. Been very critical of him. Justifiably so I think. But will give him all credit due if he can up his game to where we need to be. He’s not there yet and is now under pressure from the new signing. Up to him to keep improving and keep the shirt

Both Palmer and Fox have improved over the last 6 or 7 games. Fox has had to endure unfair criticism in the form of booing. Much of the written criticism has been fair but they both deserve credit for upping their game. On current form they are both capable of being back up at Championship level but it is no insult to them to say we need better first choices to have the best chance of promotion. However, if they can both keep improving, and it has to be said that good coaching and playing in a settled side can facilitate this, they both have a chance of cementing their first team places in the short term at least.

10 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hope he does an Adam Reach and turns it full circle, problem is there will always be an element who will hate him doing well and will discredit at every opportunity, much like the flids who said Reach was garbage, they go all quiet when he's performing well and after 1 bad game all of a sudden remember their owlstalk password. 

Fox has been far more solid lately, his passing has also improved a lot, every time he plays a ball inside it's finding Fletcher or Bannan in good positions, long term he's probably not the answer but credit where it's due he's done well. I wonder if he'd make a better centre back sometimes.

I sat pitch side at Elland Rd 3 or 4 years ago. Reach and Fox put in the worst first half display I have ever seen. Fox was subbed at half time.

Reach really turned it around after CC left.

It would be amazing if Fox could do the same.

7 minutes ago, heppers said:

I sat pitch side at Elland Rd 3 or 4 years ago. Reach and Fox put in the worst first half display I have ever seen. Fox was subbed at half time.

Reach really turned it around after CC left.

It would be amazing if Fox could do the same.

Fox hasnt been here that long. 

Not doubting what ya saw, but must have only been a couple of seasons ago. 

Edited by DELUDED OWL