Morgan Fox

Looks so much more confident after coming through the pelters and performing strongly under duress. Really pleased for him. His main weakness was always that he looked so nervy in the ball for me. With renewed confidence he honestly looks twice the player. Still a ways to go, but anyone who seriously says he’s not playing to Champ standard right now either isn’t being fair, or doesn’t watch any other teams IMO.

• Thanks 1

Morgan Fox has done so much better, but does this make him good enough?

There are a lot of people shouting down those Fox haters right now, does that make those haters ultimately wrong? 

Fox to me is like a poor mans Palmer.   Palmer I believe can make the step up you see, but I don't think Fox can.

Please do not mistake better performances for ultimate ability to be a great performer at this level I suppose is what I am suggesting.

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

Morgan Fox has done so much better, but does this make him good enough?

There are a lot of people shouting down those Fox haters right now, does that make those haters ultimately wrong? 

Fox to me is like a poor mans Palmer.   Palmer I believe can make the step up you see, but I don't think Fox can.

Please do not mistake better performances for ultimate ability to be a great performer at this level I suppose is what I am suggesting.

Much better tackler than Palmer. Palmer is better going forward (he’s a midfielder really, let’s face it). But Fox can put a cross in. His positioning and passing are the weak spots and he’s getting better at the latter by the week. Better direction from Lees would help with the former, but even without that Fox has put some very good last-ditch blocks in last few games.

13 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Really chuffed that this lad is finding his feet and is now producing solid performances from left back. Sure he will be under pressure from the laddie from Newcastle for his place but it’s just great to see him silencing the idiots who’ve seemingly made him a scapegoat. Onwards & Upwards Foxy!

Whilst i agree with the majority of your post I disagree scapegoat comment!! He wasn’t a scapegoat he was simply shyte...nowhere near good enough.

He’s improved drastically and to be fair the last 7/8 games he’s been fairly solid and consistent with it. He needs to continue to improve but he looks a different player to what he has throughout his time here. 

13 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hope he does an Adam Reach and turns it full circle, problem is there will always be an element who will hate him doing well and will discredit at every opportunity, much like the flids who said Reach was garbage, they go all quiet when he's performing well and after 1 bad game all of a sudden remember their owlstalk password. 

Fox has been far more solid lately, his passing has also improved a lot, every time he plays a ball inside it's finding Fletcher or Bannan in good positions, long term he's probably not the answer but credit where it's due he's done well. I wonder if he'd make a better centre back sometimes.

Flids?

seriously in 2019?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

He's got the attributes to play at the back centrally... he's done well at left back lately.. but his tendency to drift inside is inate I'm afraid.

I'd happily see him in the centre half group.

Cant

FFS.

He's showing exactly the kind of mental fortitude we need in order to really gain some consistency and progress. Lots would have folded when faced with a fraction of the abuse this lad has endured. A remarkable turnaround. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

He deserved much of the criticsm he was getting.

Hopefully those that were bashing him are big enough to acknowledge his marked improvement.

Whether that's good enough to keep a place remains to be seen.

Im one of those!! I’m harsh but I’m also fair with it...credit where it’s due but criticism when due. You can have one without the other   

Just now, Rhubarb n Custard said:

He deserved much of the criticsm he was getting.

Hopefully those that were bashing him are big enough to acknowledge his marked improvement.

Whether that's good enough to keep a place remains to be seen.

It's not just him tho is it?

They'll all have to stop playing silly buggers and get down to the training ground on time and get their fingers out.

The beady eye is on the lot of them now.

Tbf to the lad, he's finally getting a consistent run of games in the side and is doing so within a reasonably settled back four/goalkeeper combination. 

It's got to help. 

Really don't think Jos helped Fox (along with a fair few others) with his bizarre rotation/selection "approach". 

Just now, Mishowl said:

He's not good enough. Morgan Fox doesn't play in a team that gets promoted to the Premership.  

He's not, but that doesn't mean you can't give him credit for playing better. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hope he does an Adam Reach and turns it full circle, problem is there will always be an element who will hate him doing well and will discredit at every opportunity, much like the flids who said Reach was garbage, they go all quiet when he's performing well and after 1 bad game all of a sudden remember their owlstalk password. 

Fox has been far more solid lately, his passing has also improved a lot, every time he plays a ball inside it's finding Fletcher or Bannan in good positions, long term he's probably not the answer but credit where it's due he's done well. I wonder if he'd make a better centre back sometimes.

Nobody hates a playing doing a solid job and playing well for the club. Anyone who thinks that is a bit weird. It's just a discussion, people will talk about positives and negatives of the club, players, team performance and whatever else goes on down at Hillsborough. 

Thinking that some people prefer to be right and hope certain players fail or we lose is nothing more than fantasy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Morgan Fox doesn't play in a team that gets promoted to the Premership.  

Exactly, he plays for Wednesday in 2019. That’s not me putting us down, I just fail to see see how he’s not up to that job on current form.

Edited by Mr. Tom