Holloway - well said

3 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Yes, have al9t of time for him. Comes across as a decent guy, always tries to be positive. Not like some ofvthe other pundits who just spin negatives and criticism

If we hadn't got Bruce would have been welcome here.

Holloway was my first choice pick and would have had him in charge ahead of Bruce as I've never been much of a fan. 

That said well done Steve he's here now and has my full backing. 

I 'm a total hypocrite regarding Holloway....

I remember thinking he was a total nutjob, pandering to the press and living offa pithy ridiculous statements...Then I remember hearing him on Talksport or summat and even though Wednesday were not the actual topic..He said what a wonderful club it was..how he loved coming to Hillsborough and was so impressed by our away support....

I simpered like a virgin....

I like him now

am I a Wh *re?

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1

Holloway would have been the modern day Sturrock, and wouldn’t have been a bad appointment. Bruce is the better manager imo, but it’s all about right manager at the right time, and Holloway would have been a decent choice. 

Always unsure about Holloways credentials as a manager .. don't think he's got enough in the tank for us ..

HOWEVER he speaks ridiculously well of us which has been a surprise recently given his strong roots to QPR and i'm sure he could make me change my mind if he came in and got us firing ..

would absolutely NOT be adverse to him being in the hot seat at S6

On 03/02/2019 at 15:24, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Nice enough bloke but I never really fancied him as our manager. For me he always underplayed his serious side and was always willing to play the Joker. Our fans would have found this a little too much. 

'some' of 'our fans' find almost everything 'a little too much'.

one game into the new regime (the biggest name/ hopefully best manager since big ron), and some are wanting to put hurdles in his way of 'we don't need to be using this, that, or the other way of getting the ball forward' as if 3 years of coco wasn't enough to watch the side drag itself forward through 50 passes, the bulk of them sideways and backwards.

• Thanks 1

On 03/02/2019 at 18:55, mkowl said:

Got to remember he has tricky family issues himself. 

He wouldn’t call them ‘issues’, he’s a glass half full guy and looks at all of his kids as a blessing, including the three profoundly deaf ones, he’s a top guy.

I think we have a bit of a love affair with Holloway in the way that he seeens very complimentary towards our club all the time so we want him to do well in return.

hes one of them for me I’d love him to come manAge us one day and do well

sadly I think we’ve just moved up a level now. I’d we was still doing the appointments pre Stuart grey he’d be top of my last but since the Chansiri era I’ve got a feeling we should be looking at better.

i wouldn’t rule out Holloway one day but I’m very happy with Bruce today 

good lad hollaway, I hope he does well 

1 hour ago, optimisticowl said:

He wouldn’t call them ‘issues’, he’s a glass half full guy and looks at all of his kids as a blessing, including the three profoundly deaf ones, he’s a top guy.

Yep fair point mate