Rhodes

2 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

I don’t believe it’s so much about the game changing. If you look at Rhodes’ catalogue of goals it’s apparent he’s got the ability to be great with his head and feet, I really believe it’s all about his confidence and not playing him isolated up top. If we need a single man up top to hold up the ball and get the midfield involved I accept Rhodes probably isn’t your man, but hopefully we’lll have enough quality on the pitch to play a little more ambitiously than that under Bruce. 

One last point about Rhodes, from the interviews I’ve seen he comes across as a real decent lad. I appreciate that it’s all about doing it on the pitch, but the fact he does seem a good bloke makes me want him to come good all the more.

Absolutely, and in many ways I understand the reasons for fans wanting him here. Even I, as someone who was anti the signing, admit, 5 years previously I’d have been delighted with the signing He would have been great for us, and in so many ways, it would have been the perfect marriage. Recently though, the style of football in the top two divisions has changed, with so many sides playing a lone striker, supported by wide attackers None of those roles suit Rhodes.