Rhodes

10 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Wasn't aware you are privy to conversations Rhodes has had or not had with the Norwich Manager.

Wasn’t aware that anyone knows anything for sure, so really all opinions are pure conjecture, but after all this is a forum, perhaps we should all keep our opinions to ourselves. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

I doubt Rhodes will be back with us next season as his wages are too prohibitive in view of FFP. I wonder if Huddersfield would take him? 

I doubt that very much, they embraced modern football before we did We are stuck with him, we will just have to use him as Norwich do, as an option from the bench

2 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Wouldn’t exactly say they are Jammy. They have got a good structure to work from with a loyal and wealthyish fan base. They’ve obviously got one hell of a scouting system/network to find some of the players they signed in the summer. They don’t waste money on past it crocks like we do which gives them more money to spend/risk on younger players.

They are run a million times better than we are that’s for sure.

Agree with all of this - made millions recently on sales of Pritchard, Maddison and Murphy twins, but have invested wisely - probably still well in pocket overall, which to me suggests a well run club.

2 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

Perhaps a bit more of “come on boss give me start” wouldn’t go amiss.

I don’t think that’s how teams get picked (although he might well be camped outside the managers office everyday, who knows).

Looks to me like he’s been reduced to being subbed to wind down the time, (sad) he has had no real game time for nearly three seasons now, probably won’t get any more chances until his value reduces and starts playing For a no mark team where he can reignite his goal scoring form.

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Didn’t have Norwich down to do well at the start of the season. Fair play to them, stuck with the manager when he was getting a lot of stick. Some shrewd signings in the summer. 

Theyre the type of jammy club who always find a way to get back to the Premier League.

Surely nobody did? They were an absolute garbage fire last couple of seasons. Didn't we put five past them twice?

This league is so strange. Love it.

Mostly. :ph34r:

35 minutes ago, Sova said:

Have a look at their transfer dealings in the last few seasons:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/norwich-city/alletransfers/verein/1123

So in a nutshell in the last closed season they have sold 33.5 million quids worth of talent and brought in 4.5 million quids worth and shot to the top of the Championship!

Now that’s wheeling and dealing ;-)

4 hours ago, vulva said:

Sincerely hope DC had the foresight to add a promotion bonus into the Rhodes deal. Watched them last night, and that is the best side in this league. Made Leeds look like cart horses. 

WTF has Norwich’s good season got to do with Jordan Rhodes? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

Wasn’t aware that anyone knows anything for sure, so really all opinions are pure conjecture, but after all this is a forum, perhaps we should all keep our opinions to ourselves. :rolleyes:

Opinions are one thing, you posting complete rubbish as fact is another!

• Like 1