Mr C has the Last Laugh

18 hours ago, Mardy Bum said:

Not really a last laugh, just a reality check. At the time things were bad we've changed things becsuse we needed to and not things are looking slightly positive, if anything surely we had a part to play in influencing things change for the better. 

indeed this ..

a 90th minute winner against Ipswich doesn't mean that all the mistakes that DC has conjured up and the alienation created suddenly disappears ..

Think some fans need a reality check too

19 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Think it's contributed to us having 18 poo months. Not really surprising people are pee'd off is it. 

Yeah because we’re Sheffield Wednesday

We shouldn’t be struggling in the bottom half of the championship 

The previous 20 years have been so much better 

lol

15 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Yeah because we’re Sheffield Wednesday

We shouldn’t be struggling in the bottom half of the championship 

The previous 20 years have been so much better 

lol

So because we've always been crap we should be satisfied with being equally  crap after paying the highest prices in the league and some of the biggest wages and transfer fees? Causing us to be in trouble with FFP? Its mismanagement in my view. I don't hate Chansiri like he seems to think but too right im questioning his decision making or lack of. So are a lot of fans. Don't see how thats particularly bad. 

21 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So because we've always been crap we should be satisfied with being equally  crap after paying the highest prices in the league and some of the biggest wages and transfer fees? Causing us to be in trouble with FFP? Its mismanagement in my view. I don't hate Chansiri like he seems to think but too right im questioning his decision making or lack of. So are a lot of fans. Don't see how thats particularly bad. 

Not bad questioning him at all 

Was just your wording that made me laugh 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 04/02/2019 at 01:53, Mishowl said:

Groundhog Day?

What overreaction? Perhaps people understand the financial mess we got in pre Milan and don’t want anyone to gamble the future of the club?

He is not responsible for choosing the players but he is responsible for choosing the horrific managers in Carlos and Jos.

He is also responsible for ludicrous money raising schemes like that show what a financial mess we are in.

Calling Carlos horrific is wrong in my opinion. The side he had in his first season was the best side I’ve seen since I was a teenager!!

On 03/02/2019 at 16:41, asteener1867 said:

No he isn't...Does he think he is?..I dunno.

Its not all been rosy, its pretence to think it is, 

Its all so a little naive to write off the EFL and FFP, cos we are simply guessing, and it seems that DC is doing the same as us...Now you might find that comforting..I actually don't , because I expect the chairman of the football club to KNOW about these things...happens he is taking it on a wing and a prayer as well

I very much doubt the chairman is ‘guessing it’ mate, he doesn’t have prior football industry experience so people are automatically assuming he’s clueless on the business front?, I’d put my life savings on him being a very intelligent man 

• Thanks 1

On 05/02/2019 at 12:07, FreshOwl said:

I very much doubt the chairman is ‘guessing it’ mate, he doesn’t have prior football industry experience so people are automatically assuming he’s clueless on the business front?, I’d put my life savings on him being a very intelligent man 

I'm not doubting his intelligence Fresh mate....I'm doubting the fact that even the EFL actually seem to know, they seem to make a lot of it up on the hoof with 

"Don't you dare !!..Or...errrr...sumat will happen"

If thats the case, and Ive yet to see FFP P&f or whatever explained in any detail, with it spelled out what would happen should you do this that or the other.

The rules are hardly clear, the penalties are "What ifs"..So no..I don't expect DC to understand it...I hardly expect anyone to...which makes it risky

On 05/02/2019 at 13:07, FreshOwl said:

I'll match you my life savings - £49 - he's a dumb rich kid whose family want him nowhere near tuna fish.

Think Trump without a badger on his head.

On 05/02/2019 at 20:07, FreshOwl said:

I would bet my life savings that a "very intelligent man" would not turn down £175 million for outright purchase of SWFC. On the other hand, I would also bet my life savings that no such bid was made.