Mr C has the Last Laugh

22 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Go on then Harry, show me the topics on here that haven't been gone over before...Start a Nuhiu thread?

I post in most of 'em/...If I'm feeling optimistic, i'll say so in the "Optimistic" posts...

Its a football forum...waddya want some sort of regimented "Lets all call it rosy" website?

I like Owlstalk cos it throws the lot up...maybe more than once..But if you feel its going over old ground, its not f.ookin' compulsory to post in it...is it?

You vill be ze happiness asteener.

It's mut be.

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You vill be ze happiness asteener.

It's mut be.

I'm quite optimistic mate....Ive broken 2 superticions in a month, which is ridiculous for me, as I usually hold them for life...(Well not quite yet, but you now what I mean)

The lepp..theres a roadsign...on two pillars...I always walk AROUND them...changed it against Wigan...won!

On here yesterday...never bet on Wednesday...5 minutes left...shoved a quid on Wednesday to win!..

Its like ive opened a whole new area

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm quite optimistic mate....Ive broken 2 superticions in a month, which is ridiculous for me, as I usually hold them for life...(Well not quite yet, but you now what I mean)

The lepp..theres a roadsign...on two pillars...I always walk AROUND them...changed it against Wigan...won!

On here yesterday...never bet on Wednesday...5 minutes left...shoved a quid on Wednesday to win!..

Its like ive opened a whole new area

Do the bookies know about this?

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Er, he will be a few million down so I guess he won't be dancing with happiness.

True... but apparently he / his family has plenty. Some of which he will get back through selling the club (didn’t he claim he rejected £100 million plus recently?)

If / when the proverbial hits the fan it’s the fans who suffer. Not the wealthy ex-chairman.

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

True... but apparently he / his family has plenty. Some of which he will get back through selling the club (didn’t he claim he rejected £100 million plus recently?)

If / when the proverbial hits the fan it’s the fans who suffer. Not the wealthy ex-chairman.

That remains to be seen let's hope that neither DC or the fans suffer, quite the opposite eh?

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Go on then Harry, show me the topics on here that haven't been gone over before...Start a Nuhiu thread?

I post in most of 'em/...If I'm feeling optimistic, i'll say so in the "Optimistic" posts...

Its a football forum...waddya want some sort of regimented "Lets all call it rosy" website?

I like Owlstalk cos it throws the lot up...maybe more than once..But if you feel its going over old ground, its not f.ookin' compulsory to post in it...is it?

Not sure what your point is. Simply saying  we have positive in Bruce joining and a win with some good exposure in the press etc.

And immediately people bring up negatives 're DC and the club.

Actually think would be great if we stopped banging on about prices or what he has done wrong.

So hardly sycophantic behaviour, or rose tinted spectacles just with some of the previous owner's, managers we could be a lot worse off.

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

Not sure what your point is. Simply saying  we have positive in Bruce joining and a win with some good exposure in the press etc.

Actually think would be great if we stopped banging on about prices or what he has done wrong.

So hardly sycophantic behaviour, or rose tinted spectacles just with some of the previous owner's, managers we could be a lot worse off.

It could be a lot worse, but thats a platitude, not a problem solver....

Its great we have bruce, but lets recognise mistakes made and lets not make them again, ignoring they happened won't work will it?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

No mate...don't believe I mention them in threads that aren't specific...

This thread is called "Mr C has the last laugh"

Do you expect me to be chattin' about Liam palmer?

Nah I only read the odd post and not the actual thread so I don't really know the full context, gets me into loads of trouble especially with Costello77.

16 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

This thread was started by a fan wanting to have a dig at other fans for not worshipping DC. Hardly as though people are chomping at the bit to slag him off especially after the Bruce appointment. But im not fickle enough to be completely satisfied just because of this last weekend. For some fans that seems to be enough to cream themselves over the chairman. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Nah I only read the odd post and not the actual thread so I don't really know the full context, gets me into loads of trouble especially with Costello77.

Costellos a hard taskmaster mate....give him summat to stare at and he'll usually leave you alone .............

• Haha 1

Where have did I say I worship DC,?

Sounds like your uninformed opinion but ok we all have a right to them.

Yes plenty he could have done better.

But we have done to death on here all the stuff about ticket prices, wasting money on players etc etc.

A win away at bottom of the table does not change everything but it's a start.