Mr C has the Last Laugh

I think this could be a great pairing. When Bruce said "Our Chairman can be a little bit off the wall at times" I took this to mean Bruce will ensure that no one will have the Chairmans pants down while he is around. Something like High Lord Protector as in Oliver Cromwell. Yes, I think Bruce will become a close confidant of our chairman. 

• Like 1

Think he has done well, Bruce has got us all feel8ng positive.....well most of us except the usual suspect who want to neg anything to do with him. Ticket prices too much etc etc boring.... if you don't like don't go, you won't be missed.

So well played DC onwards and upwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Think he has done well, Bruce has got us all feel8ng positive.....well most of us except the usual suspect who want to neg anything to do with him. Ticket prices too much etc etc boring.... if you don't like don't go, you won't be missed.

So well played DC onwards and upwards.

Its not a point of "Negging" anything to do with him...If you actually think he hasn't made mistakes then its beyond simple sycophancy..its bordering on delusional.

Loads of Chairmen make mistakes..He more or less admitted one in sacking Jos didn't He?..Are we not allowed to say whats blindingly obvious?

25 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

What overreaction?

This overreaction of FFP, people acting like it’s Groundhog Day because we’re under it 

If DC hadn’t splashed the cash most would be complaining 

Now he has and he still gets flack? 

Im sorry is he a football manager?, did he personally sound out Abdi, Van Aken? 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

This overreaction of FFP, people acting like it’s Groundhog Day because we’re under it 

If DC hadn’t splashed the cash most would be complaining 

Now he has and he still gets flack? 

Im sorry is he a football manager?, did he personally sound out Abdi, Van Aken? 

No he isn't...Does he think he is?..I dunno.

Its not all been rosy, its pretence to think it is, 

Its all so a little naive to write off the EFL and FFP, cos we are simply guessing, and it seems that DC is doing the same as us...Now you might find that comforting..I actually don't , because I expect the chairman of the football club to KNOW about these things...happens he is taking it on a wing and a prayer as well

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Yes the ticket pricing is the one area I’m disappointed he hasn’t budged on 

Apart from that I think he’s trying his hardest to make this club successful 

Without DC we wouldn’t have had the play offf final and those good times a couple years back 

Heck, without him we’d probably be in league one right now 

Some of you need think a little, and stop being so naive 

Ok maybe I’m being selfish but I can’t afford or won’t pay such high prices to watch my team as much because of him , should I be grateful ? , Yes he’s ploughed loads of money in ,I only mentioned tickets because it has an affect on me personally . 

9 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Ok maybe I’m being selfish but I can’t afford or won’t pay such high prices to watch my team as much because of him , should I be grateful ? , Yes he’s ploughed loads of money in ,I only mentioned tickets because it has an affect on me personally . 

I’m sort of in the same boat mate...well and the fact I don’t live near Sheffield, so it wasn’t a like it or lump it dig at supporters 

26 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Spot on mate...Thats how we all are posting our views..It affects people...The fact that DC has put millions in is f.ookin' relative.

Some owls fans who can't afford POTG have been alienated from their club..I haven't as yet, but I can see it coming...and when and if it does, DC to me, will be the devil incarnate.

I want the Premier league...we all do, but not at the expense of  being able to watch the team I have watched since the f.ookin' 60's at 5 years old.

I would walk past Barcelona playing Real madrid in Hillsborough park to see The Wednesday play f.ookin' Crewe in league 2..Ive no real interest in football apart from Wednesday.

I accept I might be some sorta Dinosaur in todays football, but what else do I post?..Make summat up?

I bought 2 season tickets lasst byear, one for me and one for me lad , who has 2 kids and simply can't ante up for a season ticket..He's been a mad Owls fan since he was 3 FFS!...I made sure of that, but there must be a legion of Owls fans in his situation...Are they gonna pay over £35 POTG every week, with kids, electric, mortgage rent?

Course they aren't cos it affects their whole family..If theres no or little increase...I can ante up for him again this year..but honestly its hard..its a choice a simple football fan shouldn't have to make.

DC doesn't understand this...and its fair enough..I don't want either his sympathy or his charity.

Sheffield Wednesday was born out of grit, tears an' f.ookin' steel...a break from the bloody awful working week our forefathers had to endure to make a bleedin' living..As were most clubs..Its a tradition..It was simply something the working classes could use to escape from it all..Its obviously not on that scale now..but the tradition lives on...it should be easily affordable.

Its funny DC had us stand in 3 minutes silence outta respect for his culture...but rides roughshod over some of ours...

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Dc has invested millions in the club for which I'm very grateful. He's either been badly advised or made some questionable decisions but nobody is perfect, he needed to make mistakes to learn.

He's had one manager who did well but lost his way and another manager who never found his way. Now he's seen the light and brought in a tried ,tested and respected manager with lots of experience. That's definately a step in the right direction.

As we only have one owner I think the best we can do is remember the mistakes but accept them as what they were, attempts to do the right thing that went wrong. Now we give DC a pat on the back for appointing Bruce and get behind the owner, the manager and the players.

I don't think we can get to the play offs this year but never mind we can try. If we learn who needs keeping, who needs moving on and what our best system is in the process then this season will have been the new beginning we all want for the club.

Onwards and upwards.

He quite categorically said Steve will be making all the football decisions. He is putting complete faith in the man and backing him also financially as much as he is allowed to. He has listened to the fans and gave us what we want so things are looking up. Lets just hope it all pays off.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Its not a point of "Negging" anything to do with him...If you actually think he hasn't made mistakes then its beyond simple sycophancy..its bordering on delusional.

Loads of Chairmen make mistakes..He more or less admitted one in sacking Jos didn't He?..Are we not allowed to say whats blindingly obvious?

Can say what you like that's the point of a forum. All I was saying is we have some positivity about the club now so lets enjoy it for while instead of bringing up old topics.

Just now, Harrysgame said:

Can say what you like that's the point of a forum. All I was saying is we have some positivity about the club now so lets enjoy it for while instead of bringing up old topics.

Go on then Harry, show me the topics on here that haven't been gone over before...Start a Nuhiu thread?

I post in most of 'em/...If I'm feeling optimistic, i'll say so in the "Optimistic" posts...

Its a football forum...waddya want some sort of regimented "Lets all call it rosy" website?

I like Owlstalk cos it throws the lot up...maybe more than once..But if you feel its going over old ground, its not f.ookin' compulsory to post in it...is it?

Guest Hirst1867
38 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Half the clubs in the championship will be under umbongo next season mate 

Another Owlstalk myth gets to its feet and is up and running

Its only a few weeks away from FACT status

Edited by Hirst1867