Lucas - Goal Machine

15 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Yes, there were other reasons why Jos was a disastrous appointment for us and the last thing I’ll do is stick up for him but rightly or wrongly he never had the opportunity to mould a side/squad in his choosing through recruitment.

He kept us up at the end of the day and tried to develop our youths. I'm glad he has gone but he did what he thought was right. Move on. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lemi_the_owl said:

Personally have to agree I feel FF is too selfish at times. Personally I don’t see what the fuss is anymore he hasn’t done a lot in 2 seasons apart from the odd moment. The first season he was immense and by far our best player and talisman. The last 2 have been disappointing from a lack of discipline, at times lack of effort, poor off field antics and yes at times unfortunate injuries. I hope SB can bring the best out of him like CC did in the first season. But I agree he’s not the right fit up top alongside someone else.

'good strikers' have to be greedy bast*rds.

2 hours ago, modboy said:

Wish we'd signed Pukki. Jos should have known his potential from his time in the German leagues 

Pukki has always been a promising player but never a really consistent one. I don't know what has happened to him because this season he has been a very different player, hungry and much more confident and probably a tad stronger too. I'm not the only Finn with such an opinion.

If Norwich go up, he's had the best league to practice getting tough enough to compete in the PL. The same with João if he gets the chance up there either with us or someone else.

What makes his record all the more impressive to me is our lack of attacking and how we’ve set up in the last.

To score that many goals in a negative set up is brilliant. If he could just improve his hold up play and learn to release the ball a bit earlier he’d be starting every game when fit.

My feeling is that SB will more or less kill the arguments and debate in matchday....he basically sees the game and players the way we do.

It'll be a case of.." I can see what he's trying to do"...and explain himself in the post match interview.

I actually (finally) think it's all going to be alright.

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Yes, there were other reasons why Jos was a disastrous appointment for us and the last thing I’ll do is stick up for him but rightly or wrongly he never had the opportunity to mould a side/squad in his choosing through recruitment.

Perhaps DC didn't trust him to spend the money wisely.

Edited by pazowl55

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Perhaps DC didn't trust him to spend the money wisely.

He couldn’t sign any players! We were under an embargo in the summer if people have forgot.

From the players he did sign, Pelupessy cheap gamble when money was tight. Hector and Onomah, one has been a great signing and the other still has potential to do well at Wednesday.

Bruce has signed three and the jury is still out on them. All three are cheap gambles. Let’s see how they do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He couldn’t sign any players! We were under an embargo in the summer if people have forgot.

From the players he did sign, Pelupessy cheap gamble when money was tight. Hector and Onomah, one has been a great signing and the other still has potential to do well at Wednesday.

Bruce has signed three and the jury is still out on them. All three are cheap gambles. Let’s see how they do.

Wasn't a full embargo thought was it. could have spent a bit if he wanted to.?

24 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

My feeling is that SB will more or less kill the arguments and debate in matchday....he basically sees the game and players the way we do.

It'll be a case of.." I can see what he's trying to do"...and explain himself in the post match interview.

I actually (finally) think it's all going to be alright.

If we aren't up by Christmas I'm blaming you.  

10 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

If we aren't up by Christmas I'm blaming you.  

Fair enough... while you're on.. what you said in the other thread about not being a good manager because you're good with the press is spurious.

He's proved himself as a good manager and it's a bonus that he's good with the press... it's the main line of communication between the decision maker and the support.