Bruce on........FERNANDO

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I never said he was ……if you are going to play with  target man(centre forward ) then fletch is the best we have,...….hooper is the best forward 

Can you cast your mind back to those two play off seasons?

Who was our top scorer on BOTH occasions?

He’s obviously a talented footballer, the problem with FF IMO is his concentration levels. Too easily he gets narked off or goes down claiming he was fouled 

That area of his game really hasn’t improved over the years either 

Edited by FreshOwl

I think Bruce has a bit of the old school British manager about him. Just play the best players in their best positions.

For the last two seasons Fernando’s mainly been played wide left and asked to track back to cover the left back/wing back.

He did score a few coming in from the left it’s true but that really isn’t his game. 

Bruce seems to have recognised he is at his best played as an old fashioned inside forward scampering around and just behind a big centre forward. Just watching the highlights he got into five scoring positions today and really should have had a hat trick.

The partnership with Fletcher is another problem to resolve. Did Forestieri get all those chances because of Fletcher’s presence? Well probably he did but does Fletcher contribute enough goals of his own? Probably not.

One thing for certain, Joao has been a major game changer in his last two sub appearances in the Championship.

Bruce has some experimenting to to to find the best strike partnership and with Hooper nearing fitness there will be an added factor involved.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I think Bruce has a bit of the old school British manager about him. Just play the best players in their best positions.

For the last two seasons Fernando’s mainly been played wide left and asked to track back to cover the left back/wing back.

He did score a few coming in from the left it’s true but that really isn’t his game. 

Bruce seems to have recognised he is at his best played as an old fashioned inside forward scampering around and just behind a big centre forward. Just watching the highlights he got into five scoring positions today and really should have had a hat trick.

The partnership with Fletcher is another problem to resolve. Did Forestieri get all those chances because of Fletcher’s presence? Well probably he did but does Fletcher contribute enough goals of his own? Probably not.

One thing for certain, Joao has been a major game changer in his last two sub appearances in the Championship.

Bruce has some experimenting to to to find the best strike partnership and with Hooper nearing fitness there will be an added factor involved.

Not from what I saw. He played his part in what was an impressive away performance, despite the quality of the opposition. The thing is though, Forestieri is not the type of striker who thrives on flick ons, or scraps created by Fletcher putting himself about He isn’t a Gayle, he needs someone he can interchange short passes with, and will get him the ball a bit quicker

Guest Kagoshimaowl
49 minutes ago, vulva said:

Old school man management. To get the best out of FF you tell him he’s the best player in Europe. Ego footballer. 

Exactly. That’s what Semedo used to say to him every day!

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

You couldnt make this stuff up.

In our 2 play off seasons, FF played a lot was our top scorer. When he didn't play a great deal; we fell way short.

No evidence for Fletcher being our best forward. 

But Fletcher has scored more than FF this season. Using your logic, doesn’t that make him better than FF?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Hopefully Bruce will have faith in our better footballers & get the best out of FF & Joao.

And the major FF doubters: 

@lordsnotty

@Holmowl

@OWLSTALK

Will stop bleating about the team being better with  the likes of Nuhiu in it.

Yes, I too rate FF, UNLIKE the rest of them.. Lord Snotty.. pff.. with his vile accusations! What are we to do zzmdu?

What? Yes doctor ive taken my pills for today now go away, yes i've taken my running commentary pills as well dam you! What? My soliloquy pills? yes I have taken those as well!

He said, knowing full well he had flushed them down the toilet as usual... the cell was cold today..even with the padding, yet that did not stop me from typing, aimlessly trying to start an argument on owlstalk..   

Edited by keepitsteel89
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Yes, I too rate FF, UNLIKE the rest of them.. Lord Snotty.. pff.. with his vile accusations! What are we to do zzmdu?

What? Yes doctor ive taken my pills for today now go away, yes i've taken my running commentary pills as well dam you! What? My soliloquy pills? yes I have taken those as well!

....for ages I've been saying to myself that people dont use the word 'soliloquy' enough, but I didn't think anyone was listening...

Edited by Windygrowler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MysticOwl said:

Fessi is a bit rusty in front of goal

Some WD40 will do the trick...

My grandad used to say that the only tools you need are WD40 and duct tape, with either one you could fix anything! I think Abdi requires the duct tape.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Only my opinion, but I think Fletcher’s style holds us back.

I think its more a case of lack of pace in the team that allows the opposition to push 10 yards further up the pitch meaning we have little space in midfield to manoeuvre forcing us into long balls upto fletcher who is often isolated on his own. Would like to see foristieri and joao up top and see how well they can work together. Also think fletcher has a use as he handles the physical side of the game well and you still need players like that in this league

10 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Tell him he's the best player in the league and his agent will be knocking Brucie's door down for a wage rise :ph34r:

Tell everyone he’s the best player in the league and maybe other teams will be knocking down Brucie’s door with decent offers.

Very talented footballer with a big ego, anyone in that situation would hate to be managed by someone like his luhukay. The man was garbage and didn’t know how to manage our best players properly.

If you were on the form of your life and some random manager came in and kept you out the team or on the bench anyone would be fed up . 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Only my opinion, but I think Fletcher’s style holds us back.

what you saying bud dont play a target man,must admit if so i agree,think we would be fine with pace and trickery ie FF and JOAO up front and use Fletcher instead of Nuhui for the last 20 if need to change style of play

Just now, Brando17 said:

what you saying bud dont play a target man,must admit if so i agree,think we would be fine with pace and trickery ie FF and JOAO up front and use Fletcher instead of Nuhui for the last 20 if need to change style of play

ps its nice to see our best spine of the team playing together again