Bruce on........FERNANDO

image.png.55cb09605738f949a32a3d1bd5bff3af.png

"Forestieri showed glimpses, he’s missed a few chances but if we keep him fit and keep him right he’s a very good player.

He’s been out a while and it was a concern, but on the 60 minute mark he actually got brighter and the longer it went on I thought 'if anyone is going to find a little bit of magic it’s him'

Typical Fernando rather than tire I think it went the other way, he looked to get fresher! It’s worry he could nick his hamstring. But thankfully he’s ok."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

He could easily have had five or six. The thing is, Bruce played him the right areas, not just stuck out on the left His finishing was a bit rusty, but it’s a long time since I’ve seen a Wednesday striker get in so many goal scoring positions. Fletcher though, is not the right partner

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bukta said:

You can tell that Bruce rates FF. He will get the best out of him.

Anyone experienced in the Englush game, especially Championship will rate him.

On his day he is one of the best in the league. Just needs an arm around him and make him feel loved. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He could easily have had five or six. The thing is, Bruce played him the right areas, not just stuck out on the left His finishing was a bit rusty, but it’s a long time I’ve seen a Wednesday striker get in so many goal scoring positions. Fletcher though, is not the right partner

imo fletch is our best centre forward so maybe it's more a case of FF isn't the right partner for him …..

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Old school man management. To get the best out of FF you tell him he’s the best player in Europe. Ego footballer. 

Old school management. Playing your better footballers, is a good thing.

Edited by zzmdu
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

imo fletch is our best centre forward so maybe it's more a case of FF isn't the right partner for him …..

You couldnt make this stuff up.

In our 2 play off seasons, FF played a lot was our top scorer. When he didn't play a great deal; we fell way short.

No evidence for Fletcher being our best forward. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

You couldnt make this stuff up.

In our 2 play off seasons, FF played a lot was our top scorer. When he didn't play a great deal; we fell way short.

No evidence for Fletcher being our best forward. 

I never said he was ……if you are going to play with  target man(centre forward ) then fletch is the best we have,...….hooper is the best forward