Palmer

Guest Ash76

Just now, SiJ said:

Call it a hunch, but I can't help but feel that your view is somewhat clouded. 

Eye witness report!

I want him to be a good player but he simply doesn’t have it in him.

The players realise this too.

On several occasions the easy ball was out wide to Palmer but FF, BB, Hutch and Hector all chose not to pass to him!

20 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Will never be Paulo Maldini, but the people who said Ash Baker was better bet need to take a serious look at themselves. 

...or give some credit to Palmer for improving his form, rather than criticising fans who might have had some faith in Baker as a future prospect.

Whatever floats your boat though.

1 minute ago, The Captain said:

...or give some credit to Palmer for improving his form, rather than criticising fans who might have had some faith in Baker as a future prospect.

Baker looks like he has a future. 

Not sure it's at this level though. 

Maybe lower champ at best. 

His consistency has certainly improved and so has his defending. We have lacked pace and energy in midfield if Hutchinson is unable to play I am beginning to think I would give him a job in destroyer role. His crossing and distribution is the aspect of game which lets him down but not sure he would be required to pass ball a great deal way we are playing if put in Hutch role. He deserves to keep place at right back on current form.

• Haha 1

Dear Mr Casbahowl. 

I'd give it up mate.  Owlstalk swings between giving massive stick to extreme guilt about giving massive stick. Today of all days is not a day in the current climate for a fair assessment of Liam Palmer's abilities or otherwise. 

Best Wishes

Rev 

47 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

The only negative for me today was forestieri, don't want to be too harsh as he's been injured but today was not his best game.

I got the impression he was trying too hard 

Seemed desperate for a goal when there were easier options available.

FFS

Dear Mr Rev owl

I'd give it up mate,owlstalk gives support to palmer when he's played/playing well,today is not the day (nor has it been for the last 6 or 7 games) for bandwagon jumpin about his abiliities or otherwise.

Best wishes 

Deluded.

(Expects some cheap @ss comment about username)

Edited by DELUDED OWL
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Dear Mr Rev owl

I'd give it up mate,owlstalk gives support to palmer when he's played/playing well,today is not the day (nor has it been for the last 6 or 7 games) for bandwagon jumpin about his abiliities or otherwise.

Best wishes 

Deluded.

(Expects some cheap @ss comment about username)

Touche sir. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Didn’t need to improve to be better than Baker. Players should be introduced to the first team when they are ready. Whilst we all want to see prospects coming through, it has to be managed in the correct manner. Mmmmmmmm.

21 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Didn’t need to improve to be better than Baker. Players should be introduced to the first team when they are ready. Whilst we all want to see prospects coming through, it has to be managed in the correct manner. Mmmmmmmm.

Many fans thought Baker put in some promising performances when he first came into the team; e.g. he looked good in the 5-1 game against Norwich, final game of last season.

From October time until Jos was sacked no one looked good in our team.  Not sure why individuals need scapegoating really.  No need.

1 minute ago, The Captain said:

Many fans thought Baker put in some promising performances when he first came into the team; e.g. he looked good in the 5-1 game against Norwich, final game of last season.

From October time until Jos was sacked no one looked good in our team.  Not sure why individuals need scapegoating really.  No need.

My criticism is of the fans who agreed with the team selections, not the player. Perhaps that explains your exception to my comments. 

3 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

My criticism is of the fans who agreed with the team selections, not the player. Perhaps that explains your exception to my comments. 

And what exactly is wrong with showing support for a 21 year old lad wearing blue and white stripes?  Especially when the only alternative at the time was an out-of-form Liam Palmer.

Jos Luhukay was the incompetent party.