Reach...

The Wednesday fan next to me absolutely hated Reach. 

Reach was pretty awful but then he did get the crucial assist. He is much more likely to assist or get us a goal than Boyd and he always works hard. He looks quite awkward which I think makes some people think he isn’t as good as he is.

Honestly though, the guy next to me was screaming ‘Oh Reach!’ at the top of his voice every time he got the ball, and sometimes when he wasn’t even near the ball. 

It was almost like he was just trying to wind people up.  

Reach is unfairly criticised in my opinion. He does more than just attack the other teams. He tracks backs, helps the defence more than any other player. I would love to see the running stats to how much he runs. Got to be the furthest in the team. The last run to set up the goal just proved his fitness.

10 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Might end up being a good comparison that. 

Divided opinion a lot but ultimately went on to bigger things. 

Wasnt always involved a lot in games either, but pulled goals and assists out of the bag.  

Exactly pal, Brunt has had a very long and successful career at a high level. Reach will do the same.

Reach was poor yesterday.

His first touch was awful, when he did get hold of it he either gave it away or simply passed it backwards.

For a long time now he has been a mainstay of an injury hit team and we would have been in real trouble without him.

To be honest it seems to have finally worn him down.

He needs Bruce to take him to one side and tell him to simply concentrate on his own game.

To go out and make sure he does the basics well and win his battle against the full back.

He needs to be told to take some responsibility to actually make something happen , take the full back on and get into the final third.

He needs his confidence building up after so long playing in crap positions in a struggling team.

• Like 1