Reach...

Just watched the sky highlights and you have to give him big credit for our goal. To show that turn of pace and composure in extra time is quite brilliant.  It will be interesting to see what impact Bruce can have on his game; I expect SB will be able improve most what we’ve got so stay patient and enjoy the ride.

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

But to pull that run, bit of strength and simple pass out in the 90th minute shows quality. Didn't give up, kept going, drove into the box, boom. 3 points. So glad we managed to keep hold of him. :wub:

That’s it mate. These are exactly the type of things managers want, so I can see the appeal. 

Digging in deep when it matters. 

However, I’m hoping Bruce can tweak his game and make him the star he should be. 

I've lost count of the times I've watched top players like Ian Wright, Matt Le Tissier, Graham Sharpe, Gary Linekar, our own Mark Bright and John Sheridan ect be totally marked out of a game or barely contributed but when the decisive moments come along they make it count. Reach is quality in this league when played in his correct position and he's a player who unselfish as he is plays many unsuitable roles for the team, is rarely injured and will play 35+games a season for you add to that his assists, goals and our only midfielder who runs beyond our strikers then you'd be a fool not to appreciate what this player adds to the team? though it wouldn't surprise me as some of our fans couldn't see what Brunt, Whelan, Antonio ect added to us.

14 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

He's been pretty average now for about 2 months.  I can't put my finger on what's up with him.  He looks like he's got his boots on the wrong feet at times!

His run and the finish were literally the only bit of quality in the whole match through from both teams.

In need of rest imo...he’s pretty much been an ever present for the best part of 2 years now!! 

13 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

9m + and id drive him there personally. Take his wonder goals out and hes average

Love a crap comment like this...take away messi’s 500 plus goals and he’d be playing in the championship!!

Reach is also our top assist maker...take them away and we’d be at least 6 points worse off!! 

13 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

9m + and id drive him there personally. Take his wonder goals out and hes average

He’ll never be liked by some, initially because of his transfer fee, however he appears to be a well balanced intelligent guy, he will prove his class now that he’s playing for a proven and very experienced manager. lol

Did something late in the game that he doesn't do consistently enough for me and that's grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen. It's a big three months coming up for him as he's got to show he's worth keeping here or he may even be able to convince other clubs he's worth taking a chance on.