9 Points Off The Play Offs

I think we’ve left it just a bit too late. Jos would have had to have gone 6 weeks earlier for us to have half a chance.

If we finish in the top 10 and beat the pigs I think we can consider it a decent end to the season.

To be in with an outside chance of the playoffs I honestly don’t think we can afford to drop a single point over our next 5 matches, win all 5 however and then I might have to think again.

Still a massive long shot. We have a number of winnable games coming up but we have to win them and if we do then we would have key games against the likes of Bristol and derby win those and we may have a sniff but that is all. Personally I’d be more than happy if we show improvement and show that we aren’t that far off which I’ve always believed, if it wasn’t for our jos induced bad run we wouldn’t be far off, if he’d gone after Norwich as he should have done we wouldn’t be need a miracle our form since he went is top two and if we’d got what we deserved at West Brom and brum it would be exceptional. Just happy to have a class manager let’s hope he can get a win against pigs to really get the ball rolling 

People still getting carried away.

Great result against the whipping boys of the Champ

Bruce is the messiah and we're going to the play offs.

It would be nice but jesus H christ do people seriously think we will 'challenge' for the Top six?

Ill be paying my money in hope but not in expectation.

• Thanks 1

Lots of excitement on here, after scraping a 1-0 away win at the bottom club. Another few games and they'll be saying, " Mind the Gap". Takes us back to the wizard Megson year...and Davy Jones's Locker Rocker. 2011/12 I believe? Think the 2 West Brom games have done us.....but......

Does History, ever repeat itself? 

3 minutes ago, FirthParkOwl said:

Lots of excitement on here, after scraping a 1-0 away win at the bottom club. Another few games and they'll be saying, " Mind the Gap". Takes us back to the wizard Megson year...and Davy Jones's Locker Rocker. 2011/12 I believe? Think the 2 West Brom games have done us.....but......

Does History, ever repeat itself? 

I think if we made it from the position we are in we would be MAKING HISTORY lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

People still getting carried away.

Great result against the whipping boys of the Champ

Bruce is the messiah and we're going to the play offs.

It would be nice but jesus H christ do people seriously think we will 'challenge' for the Top six?

Ill be paying my money in hope but not in expectation.

There is no shame in having hope and positivity.. and quite frankly , anything is possible in The Championship 

Whilst I think it’s abit late for a playoff push, the turnaround since clueless went is remarkable. 14 points from 7 is automatic promotion form, and 4 clean sheets in the process is great considering we’d only had 2 under Jos

It’s not a case of how many points we are behind the play offs, it’s how many points we need to get.

Bristol City and Derby are 6th and 7th and both on target for 75 points.  Can we get to 75 points?

37 points from 17 matches.  It’s possible but it is better than automatic form that is required to do it.  Therefore highly improbable.

win 11 draw 4 lose 2 will do nicely.

But even form like that wouldn’t guarantee us top 6, it’d just give us a chance.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

14 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Sorry to dampen people’s enthusiam, but we will not make the playoffs. I will take 10th this season, end of season clear out and some astute signings for a tilt next season. 

Nah feck that....up the football league we go, when we win promotion this is what we’ll sing...........