9 Points Off The Play Offs

I won't be putting a bet on us because it IS an outrageous proposal. BUT, Derby and Bristol City are in 6th and 7th on 47 points. Both could (could) lose on Saturday and would remain in their positions. IF we beat Reading we'll be 6 points away . Doesn't look so outrageous then!

2 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Look at the places / points closely. Swansea to Birmingham. 6 places. 2 points. We can win a few this month. All those teams can't win as well. Some must meet each other, or play a top team. We don't.

Sadly mate...Its the Championship...In all honesty who you play means virtually diddly.....

Thats not me saying its impossible....Wednesday go on a run and it opens up with 6 games left...

I'm saying its totally unpredictable

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Sadly mate...Its the Championship...In all honesty who you play means virtually diddly.....

Thats not me saying its impossible....Wednesday go on a run and it opens up with 6 games left...

I'm saying its totally unpredictable

Totally agree mate.Chaos principle. So could work for or against us, equally. Could it not?

18 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Look at the places / points closely. Swansea to Birmingham. 6 places. 2 points. We can win a few this month. All those teams can't win as well. Some must meet each other, or play a top team. We don't.

Our goal difference is terrible.

we need at least 11 wins & 2/3 draws from our remaining 17 games.....

We still have to play some teams above us like Bristol City and Derby so if we won those games, the gap to make up on them would be 6 points not 9.

I reckon if we were to win the next 5 against lower positioned teams, then it would become very interesting for a while

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 1

Winning 3 or 4 games on the spin is not entirely unrealistic in this league. Even for us. Manage that and it suddenly doesn’t look too far off.

Id like to think the players will be going into the next few games at least believing the playoffs are possible. 

You just never know. Forestieri back playing and seemingly in the mood is huge.

11 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

We still have to play some teams above us like Bristol City and Derby so if we won those games, the gap to make up on them would be 6 points not 9.

I reckon if we were to win the next 5 against lower positioned teams, then it would become very interesting for a while

Exactly, if we were to win 5 games which includes our game in hand over some teams, you’d expect the gap to the playoffs to reduce, maybe as low as 4-5 points. Then with 13 games to go, anything is possible 

now watch us mess up against Reading

It's great to see the positivity flooding back to the club and long may it continue. I joined OT as the bad times were really starting to roll and now things are on the up.

But can I make a plea that if or when (delete as applicable) we don't make the play-offs, we don't have a meltdown on here.

Up the Owls.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin