9 Points Off The Play Offs

10 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

If we could get Nando back to his best we could suddenly become a team that’s very very dangerous.

This in a nutshell. No surprise that the first thing Bruce does is start Forrestieri.  If he stays fit then promotion form is more than possible for us between now and the end of the season, you only have to look at the last ten games of last season to tell you what a difference he can make.

28 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

It’s not a case of how many points we are behind the play offs, it’s how many points we need to get.

Bristol City and Derby are 6th and 7th and both on target for 75 points.  Can we get to 75 points?

37 points from 17 matches.  It’s possible but it is better than automatic form that is required to do it.  Therefore highly improbable.

win 11 draw 4 lose 2 will do nicely.

But even form like that wouldn’t guarantee us top 6, it’d just give us a chance.

We also need to overtake 10 teams to get 6th place over a 17 game run. I would have it down as a 2% chance tops.

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We also need to overtake 10 teams to get 6th place over a 17 game run. I would have it down as a 2% chance tops.

2% is slim but it is still a chance. All the players should be giving their all to try for a play off place. I will be cheering them on 2 or 20 % chance. UTO

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

You are of course right about the 10 teams but it still comes down to the same thing.  75 points would give you a good chance.  76-77 points would almost certainly get you there.

one heck of a task that.  Virtually no mistakes from a team that to be frank isn’t good enough to put a run like that together.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

You are of course right about the 10 teams but it still comes down to the same thing.  75 points would give you a good chance.  76-77 points would almost certainly get you there.

one heck of a task that.  Virtually no mistakes from a team that to be frank isn’t good enough to put a run like that together.

Do you think bruce should aim for 7th spot then ??

14 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Sneaked past an abysmal Ipswich side and people are genuinely talking about the playoffs :ghoulguy:

We didn’t sneak past them, we beat them well and the score line doesn’t do justice to the performance. 

A fully fit FF would have had 2 today, they cleared 1 off the line and the keeper made a point blank save. 

Yes the playoffs offs probably are out of reach, but it was just nice to watch us playing on the front foot for a change and mixing it up. 

Rather than backwards and sideways we were actually looking for balls forward, so came off some didn’t. 

But it if that’s the approach for the rest of season, it’ll at least be half decent to watch Wednesday again. 

4 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

There is no shame in having hope and positivity.. and quite frankly , anything is possible in The Championship 

There isnt any shame at all.  I prefer the reality that we are broke and need fixing and ill take the good days that will come.

I flew over to Chelsea with Hope and Positivity and saw us get a footballing lesson.  Different league altogether but we are nothing like we were in 2016.

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I love these threads , getting everyone all excited that we are going somewhere (we aren’t ) . In turn this leads to the pathetic hysteria last week because we dared lose to Chelsea at Stamford bridge . We will be where we belong , lower mid table 

i much prefer the win hysteria to the lose hysteria

46 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Mate that’s 2% more than we had in December under the Dutch disaster!

Lets see whether that 2% could turn into 20% by the end of February!

Whatever happens Monday morning at work can’t come quick enough to sow the seeds of doubt into the minds of the smarmy, fickle pigs!

Can we do it?

Who knows but maybe, just maybe.

Have we got our Wednesday back?

Toofuckinright we have!

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, londonowl said:

9 or 10 points no good. If you want to start to close the gap, needs to be 12 or 13 points. Would have to average nearly 2.5 points per game to end of season to have a chance which is highly unlikely!

Yep. Around 73 points on average I think to finish 6th. It's a massive ask but all we can do is keep winning. Let's see where it takes us and start next season positively.

We probably need to win at least 13 from 18 matches? I think that would give us 77 points.

I remember Burnley did something similar during their promotion season from January to May, mostly thanks to Andre Gray kept scoring. Hopefully Bruce will find a team/formation that will score loads.

he says he will give everyone a chance, but I expect that’s only if we stop winning and playoffs is definitely not happening 

I look at it this way. The last play off spot is currently occupied by Bristol City, who are currently locked level with Derby on 47 points. The first team of the chasing pack is Birmingham on 43 points. If we win the game in hand we have, we're 2 points off the top of the chasing pack. Basically, another couple of wins and we'll literally be right in the hunt. All ifs and buts, but we're not miles away.