Blue and white

9 Points Off The Play Offs

If we all turn up in numbers for the remaining games blind drunk thereby creating a melting pot atmosphere then anything is possible.

If we put a good run together then put those trottered grunt beasts to the sword then we’ll do it.

If we get to within a few points then strange things happen!  Teams above us will bottle it.

I can see it now

We beat Hull in the playoff final

Now THAT would be ironic

lol

• Agree 1

Positive thoughts are good, but play offs, really. I'll be happy if we can get top 10

• Disagree 1
  • Thanks 1

I think we’ve left it just a bit too late. Jos would have had to have gone 6 weeks earlier for us to have half a chance.

If we finish in the top 10 and beat the pigs I think we can consider it a decent end to the season.

To be in with an outside chance of the playoffs I honestly don’t think we can afford to drop a single point over our next 5 matches, win all 5 however and then I might have to think again.

• Agree 7

Next 5 matches are very winnable games for us.

If we're to stand any chance we need minimum 12 points and personally I think we will get that.

That would put us on 50 points with 12 to go. We'd be 5 points or so behind by that point.

• Agree 1

Still a massive long shot. We have a number of winnable games coming up but we have to win them and if we do then we would have key games against the likes of Bristol and derby win those and we may have a sniff but that is all. Personally I’d be more than happy if we show improvement and show that we aren’t that far off which I’ve always believed, if it wasn’t for our jos induced bad run we wouldn’t be far off, if he’d gone after Norwich as he should have done we wouldn’t be need a miracle our form since he went is top two and if we’d got what we deserved at West Brom and brum it would be exceptional. Just happy to have a class manager let’s hope he can get a win against pigs to really get the ball rolling 

Bruce passed the first test. Win away on your debut.  

On to the next mission ! 

People still getting carried away.

Great result against the whipping boys of the Champ

Bruce is the messiah and we're going to the play offs.

It would be nice but jesus H christ do people seriously think we will 'challenge' for the Top six?

Ill be paying my money in hope but not in expectation.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Steve Bruce had a dream

To watch a cricket team

We wished him well and hope he had a good laugh

Now that he’s back

We’re having a crack

We’re Sheffield Wednesday

We’re on our way back!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

Lots of excitement on here, after scraping a 1-0 away win at the bottom club. Another few games and they'll be saying, " Mind the Gap". Takes us back to the wizard Megson year...and Davy Jones's Locker Rocker. 2011/12 I believe? Think the 2 West Brom games have done us.....but......

Does History, ever repeat itself? 

3 minutes ago, FirthParkOwl said:

Lots of excitement on here, after scraping a 1-0 away win at the bottom club. Another few games and they'll be saying, " Mind the Gap". Takes us back to the wizard Megson year...and Davy Jones's Locker Rocker. 2011/12 I believe? Think the 2 West Brom games have done us.....but......

Does History, ever repeat itself? 

I think if we made it from the position we are in we would be MAKING HISTORY lol 

• Like 1

I said after we lost at QPR that Jo’s had to go. That was my tipping point. How many points were lost after that.

• Thanks 1

Left it too late. If we had pulled in 3-4 more points I think we would have a real chance. 

10 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Sorry to dampen people’s enthusiam, but we will not make the playoffs. I will take 10th this season, end of season clear out and some astute signings for a tilt next season. 

How could you possibly know that? Ridiculous! 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

People still getting carried away.

Great result against the whipping boys of the Champ

Bruce is the messiah and we're going to the play offs.

It would be nice but jesus H christ do people seriously think we will 'challenge' for the Top six?

Ill be paying my money in hope but not in expectation.

There is no shame in having hope and positivity.. and quite frankly , anything is possible in The Championship 

• Agree 1

9 points off the play-offs?

But Danny Murphy told me we’re in a relegation battle??

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Let’s all calm down.

One game as it comes please.

Boring but spot on 

13 hours ago, LiamAP22D said:

Just gotta beat reading next week and see where and how far that puts us.

And there speaks the voice of reason !! We can’t even think about the play offs .... just yet !!! 

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

I said after we lost at QPR that Jo’s had to go. That was my tipping point. How many points were lost after that.

Ask Ben Shepherd maybe ? He seems to know everything!!

Edited by dewsburyowl58
  • Haha 1

Whilst I think it’s abit late for a playoff push, the turnaround since clueless went is remarkable. 14 points from 7 is automatic promotion form, and 4 clean sheets in the process is great considering we’d only had 2 under Jos