9 Points Off The Play Offs

14 minutes ago, richowl said:

Big month.

got to be looking at 9-10 points from next 5 games.

9 or 10 points no good. If you want to start to close the gap, needs to be 12 or 13 points. Would have to average nearly 2.5 points per game to end of season to have a chance which is highly unlikely!

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yea..cos whats the other option?

Just go "Meh" season over?

Whats honestly the point of that attitude?

Give it a go....nowt to lose ...

But yea I get yer point lets all traipse down the Lepp mutterin' "Woe is me"

Just enjoy the games and hope for positive performances 

There's no reason why we can't have a late run at the top 6, other than the fact we're a bit crap. Or we were. Maybe we've turned the corner and it's the start of 7 wins on the bounce. Honestly with this club owt could happen. 

As said earlier in the thread though, what a waste of half a season under that moustachioed waste of space jeb end. An absolute disgrace and without a doubt the worst manager I've ever seen. I don't think I'll ever forgive or forget. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, goodytheowl said:

Those 4 points we've dropped from West Brom and Birmingham too FFS.  How we didn't win those games :angry:

Go off on the first proper hot spell of the season and do the unimaginable and win the 5 more games left in February and then we're talking. 

On paper this looks like the easiest month of fixtures in the whole season. 

Believe in Steve lol

We dropped four against WBA alone.  Add the two against Birmingham and we're 3 points off. Unfortuantley IF is the biggest word in football, indeed, life.

Play off talk is madness. Let’s just start building for next season, a good start and see what happens. 

But my God the points lost under Jo’s have really hurt us. I honestly think we would have gone down had he stayed.

But ten games since he left and only two defeats ( to in form hull and Chelsea) show there’s something to work with for Bruce

2 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

We dropped four against WBA alone.  Add the two against Birmingham and we're 3 points off. Unfortuantley IF is the yeah, just meant recently in the last biggest word in football, indeed, life.

Yeah, just meant recently more than anything.  It all balances out in the end, apart from us FFS.

A penalty before 2020 would be nice

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Play off talk is madness. Let’s just start building for next season, a good start and see what happens. 

But my God the points lost under Jo’s have really hurt us. I honestly think we would have gone down had he stayed.

But ten games since he left and only two defeats ( to in form hull and Chelsea) show there’s something to work with for Bruce

Totally agree with your post. 

2% chance of playoffs. Some fruitcakes on here thinking its going to happen. I’d be absolutely gobsmacked if we got top 6. There’s a lot of work for Bruce to do.

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

2% chance of playoffs. Some fruitcakes on here thinking its going to happen. I’d be absolutely gobsmacked if we got top 6. There’s a lot of work for Bruce to do.

Too true. Massive rebuilding job to do.  Is it fourteen players out in the summer? Can you imagine if some how we fluked it and then had to rebuild for a season in the prem? It’s a massive task for the championship!

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Who says its going to happen, I pointed out that we are 9 points from the top 6 and its game on, meaning its all to play for and our season is far from over.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

We dropped four against WBA alone.  Add the two against Birmingham and we're 3 points off. Unfortuantley IF is the biggest word in football, indeed, life.

IF you look at it from the other side, we stole quite a few points with worldies early on in the season so we are probably pretty much exactly where we should be.

Having totally dismissed the idea I’ve just looked at the remaining fixtures, and by the time we play dem blavdes we should have closed the gap significantly. Leeds and Norwich away are the only games we would expect to lose IF we can get a run going.

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Hope and optimism is what sport is all about isn't it? It's what gets you excited a week before a game and it's why some defeats hurt so bad.

Personally, I'd rather be with the fruitcakes than the perennial 'realists'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, londonowl said:

IF you look at it from the other side, we stole quite a few points with worldies early on in the season so we are probably pretty much exactly where we should be.

I don't think you "steal" the points with a world class goal, by it's very nature that's great football and takes skill, aptitiude and class!  However, we were lucky against Leeds, thay murdered us.  And I don't think things "even out over the season" as someone else has said. I've been watching Wednesday too long to know that this is not true.  Penalties for instance. I'm willing to bet that over the 52 years I've been going we have one of the lowest number of penalties awarded in the football league.

One or two Blades callers are getting a little twitchy, calling us deluded for measuring the gap to the play off spots.

Well it is on the far horizon and a very long way off, but it must be a worry as it has happened in our recent history.

A little better than ordinary Blades are desperate for automatic promotion but it could be sheeite or bust because a near miss would mean facing us in a two leg semi if their nightmare came to fruition. Even worse if they slipped to fourth. I like the idea of their weighing up their chances against us at Wembley.

But this is a pipe dream for us as we know but a nightmare scenario that Blunts are sitting up and worrying about lol