Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Norwich paid us a six figure sum for Rhodes due to promotion.

Ye, I’ve just seen it. No other news about us which is disappointing. I really don’t see Norwich giving us any more money for Rhodes for taking him off us.

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Ye, I’ve just seen it. No other news about us which is disappointing. I really don’t see Norwich giving us any more money for Rhodes for taking him off us.

That is going to be one of the toughest jobs for Bruce this summer, finding a club for Rhodes Was hoping Huddersfield would get a bit nostalgic, and throw us a lifeline, but they see Joao as a better bet

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Norwich paid us a six figure sum for Rhodes due to promotion.

So they spotted our tiny clause and removed it.....damn them. lol

• In the event of promotion, Jordan Rhodes will become a Norwich player and Sheffield Wednesday will be due the sum of 9 million pounds.
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

That is going to be one of the toughest jobs for Bruce this summer, finding a club for Rhodes Was hoping Huddersfield would get a bit nostalgic, and throw us a lifeline, but they see Joao as a better bet

He's staying and he's going to fire us to promotion next season :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He's staying and he's going to fire us to promotion next season :biggrin:

Do you know what. I hope you are right. We all know what he was capable of. Perhaps just needs the right manager to get him going again?

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Do you know what. I hope you are right. We all know what he was capable of. Perhaps just needs the right manager to get him going again?

I look at it like this, very few if any clubs are going to come in for him? We all know what he's capable of and we've all seen how he's been utilised in the past apart from CC and JL which explains in part why he's not cut it here.

However much of a part he's played, he's just helped an unfancied side to promotion so obviously he  will be in a better frame of mind than 12 months ago. He'll be playing in a side next season that will be more direct and as a result will be more suited to his strengths so even though there's no guarantees I expect him to be more productive for us under Bruce's management.

IMO, Bruce will cut the forward line from 8 to 4. Next Season I expect the remaining 4 to be Rhodes, Fletcher, Forestieri and Nuhiu. There will be a lot on here who will be horrified by this prospect but Fletcher has been our outstanding forward this season. Bruce has finally seen what Forrestieri is capable of in the last month and will want to keep him and as for Nuhiu, he's effective at this level whatever your viewpoint on him.

Hooper will probably go to the MLS? Matias will be released. Winnall will be either sold or loaned out and I expect Joao to be sold. Undoubted talent but I don't think we'll ever play him regularly enough to get the best out of him so if an offer comes in I expect Bruce to accept it.

5 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I look at it like this, very few if any clubs are going to come in for him? We all know what he's capable of and we've all seen how he's been utilised in the past apart from CC and JL which explains in part why he's not cut it here.

However much of a part he's played, he's just helped an unfancied side to promotion so obviously he  will be in a better frame of mind than 12 months ago. He'll be playing in a side next season that will be more direct and as a result will be more suited to his strengths so even though there's no guarantees I expect him to be more productive for us under Bruce's management.

IMO, Bruce will cut the forward line from 8 to 4. Next Season I expect the remaining 4 to be Rhodes, Fletcher, Forestieri and Nuhiu. There will be a lot on here who will be horrified by this prospect but Fletcher has been our outstanding forward this season. Bruce has finally seen what Forrestieri is capable of in the last month and will want to keep him and as for Nuhiu, he's effective at this level whatever your viewpoint on him.

Hooper will probably go to the MLS? Matias will be released. Winnall will be either sold or loaned out and I expect Joao to be sold. Undoubted talent but I don't think we'll ever play him regularly enough to get the best out of him so if an offer comes in I expect Bruce to accept it.

To be honest I wouldn’t be “ horrified” starting with those four, but I would be happier with nuiuh moving on ( I know a lot like him, I do myself but...) and bringing in a prem youngster on loan or may be gambling on an unknown quantity. I’m sure SB will have ideas on who he would like to bring in.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Agreed. He will also trying to offload Winnall as neither are in his plans. He’s got a tough job on has Bruce but totally confident in him to sort us out. He knows who are our best players and he knows what he needs to address - pace, energy and a physical edge. 

29 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think you make some good points, but, I think Bruce will have noticed over the past few weeks, Forestieri's best position isn't as a striker. It's as an inside forward coming off the left. Selling Joao, and not replacing him, would leave us extremely predictable and one-paced in those striking options. 

I agree with you re. Hooper, Matias and Winnall. I think they'll all go. Hooper will be able to get a longer, more lucrative deal elsewhere, Matias will be released and Winnall will be sold/loaned to another Championship club. 

That'll leave four strikers...Fletcher, Joao, Rhodes and Nuhiu, with Forestieri been played as a left sided forward in a probable 4-2-3-1/4-3-3. 

I personally think those four strikers gives Bruce options, and variety. Ideally we'd all want to sign a pacy option, but we'll be repairing a lot of other areas in the squad, and for this summer at least, Bruce might just prefer to stick with what he's got in the striker department, rather that trying to engineer another couple of moves in that department. 

Fletcher has been wonderful under Bruce so far, and I'm convinced Bruce will get more from Joao. And make no mistake about it, if a manager can tap into Joao's potential, there's a lot of goals to be had from him. His record this season alone is absolutely incredible. Astonishingly clinical. 

He'll struggle to move Rhodes on (if he could, I'm sure he would), but Rhodes as a back-up option certainly isn't to be sniffed at. Norwich have utilised him well enough this season. 

And Nuhiu, for what he'll be on, and what he can offer differently, I think Bruce will be canny enough to keep him in the squad and utilise him when the situation dictates it. 

7 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Not so sure 

All the underlying statistics based on xG, tends to back it up. 

Rhodes, despite his limited appearances, got himself in great positions. He had one of the highest xG/shot ratios in the League. 

It's like a lot of us have also said...if you give Rhodes the opportunities, he'll be there to score them. 

Although I think Bruce would get rid if the opportunity arose (finanically appropriate), I wouldn't totally write off Rhodes as yet. This season at Norwich, although hasn't gone like he'd have envisaged, has certainly indicated that he's not finished yet, as many of our fans seem so hastily keen to claim he is. 

15 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

All the underlying statistics based on xG, tends to back it up. 

Rhodes, despite his limited appearances, got himself in great positions. He had one of the highest xG/shot ratios in the League. 

It's like a lot of us have also said...if you give Rhodes the opportunities, he'll be there to score them. 

Although I think Bruce would get rid if the opportunity arose (finanically appropriate), I wouldn't totally write off Rhodes as yet. This season at Norwich, although hasn't gone like he'd have envisaged, has certainly indicated that he's not finished yet, as many of our fans seem so hastily keen to claim he is. 

I'm not writing him off but hootie posted 30 goals plus that's a tall order 

21 minutes ago, Plonk said:

To be honest I wouldn’t be “ horrified” starting with those four, but I would be happier with nuiuh moving on ( I know a lot like him, I do myself but...) and bringing in a prem youngster on loan or may be gambling on an unknown quantity. I’m sure SB will have ideas on who he would like to bring in.

The Nuhiu situation is more complex in the sense he is very much an important influence in the dressing room and we seem to have suffered with morale when long serving players have left in particular when Semedo went. I've always said you won't know what we have with him until he's left.

Sammy Ameobi anyone 

not shown up for Bolton today because he hasn’t been paid I’m guessing he will cancel his contract and become a free agent 

wide player plenty of pace and the odd skill. I’m guessing he’s the kind Of Bruce signing pave our wide and possibly almost certainly be on a free 

i think hes 27 now so still a decent age 

thoughts? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, malek said:

Really like what I've seen from him, but he already turn down interest from Premiership to sign new contraxt with Motherwell.

He stated that ifor his development it is best to stay with them for now.

I must say - massive credit to him for that. It's so easy for young players to jump ship early and end up wrecking their development by stagnating on the bench or in the reserves. Another season of top tier first team football will do him the world of good.