Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I can’t see no reason why we consider moving thorniley on 

from our academy id assume very cheap for a first team squad member I’ve never seen him have a bad game even did a job at left back 

cam see him having a long career with us 

he’s out Cb version of Liam Palmer 

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I can’t see no reason why we consider moving thorniley on 

from our academy id assume very cheap for a first team squad member I’ve never seen him have a bad game even did a job at left back 

cam see him having a long career with us 

he’s out Cb version of Liam Palmer 

The decade he spent at Everton certainly gave him a good platform

Thorniley for me needs a loan, not because he isn’t a good player, he is but because if he plays 40+ games on loan at a decent League 1 team he’s going to learn a heck of a lot more and grow as a player than he will sat on our bench getting the odd game here and there. 

As for Van Aken, I’ve seen enough to know he’s not up to this standard, also his appearances, not just for us but at Heerenveen where he only featured 26 times the season before we signed him and 20 the season before that... on top of another 2 injury plagued seasons for us I just don’t see how we can possibly rely on someone that hasn’t in his entire career proven he can stay fit. 

• Like 1

Thorniley needs to stay. Bags of potential and ready to put straight in now I think. He's just what we need, don't need to look elsewhere if we pick up Hector. 

The boy is tough as nails and has a big future, just hope it's with us. 

Edited by TommyCraig

6 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Thorniley needs to stay. Bags of potential and ready to put straight in now I think. He's just what we need, don't need to look elsewhere if we pick up Hector. 

The boy is tough as nails and has a big future, just hope it's with us. 

Completely agree. He’s good enough now and you’d have to be harsh/blind to say he hasn’t grabbed his chance every time he’s been given the opportunity.

Controversial but I’d maybe be looking for an established CB partner for him in place of Tom Lees.

Could be our John Stones if only we’d give youth a chance!

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

His size does go against him, especially if paired with Lees. It’s seems bizarre to think about those two being small, but at a time when Centre backs are regularly 6-4, 6-5, it is an issue. These days, the defensive midfielder in front, is often an athletic 6-3 Sadly, if you don’t match those physical attributes, you are vulnerable

Is that why Sarri is playing Ngolo Makalele at inside forrud?:)

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Why?

Börner & Findlay left-side options, Lees & Iorfa right-side. It's Thorniley I think may get squeezed out along with van Aken. 

Yeh good points there really,  decent league one loan for Thorniley ? Think there’s a player in him ... not seen him have many bad games 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

His size does go against him, especially if paired with Lees. It’s seems bizarre to think about those two being small, but at a time when Centre backs are regularly 6-4, 6-5, it is an issue. These days, the defensive midfielder in front, is often an athletic 6-3 Sadly, if you don’t match those physical attributes, you are vulnerable

3 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Is that why Sarri is playing Ngolo Makalele at inside forrud?:)

Or Fernandinho, Ndidi, Gueye, Wijnaldum, Neves, Jorginho, Matudi, Casemiro :shrug:

1 minute ago, mansfield_owl03 said:

Image result for sheffield wednesday kitImage result for sheffield wednesday kitmy favorites                                                                                                             

Hooper never played in that kit mate.

• Haha 2

I've no idea why Thorniley was dropped.  

He learnt so quickly, how to push and pull really experienced strikers....how to be cute, shepherd balls out well, when to play it, when to leather it, he's good in the air, doesn't seem to get nervous/overwhelmed.  Not afraid to say his piece.  Out of all of our players that came through, he is head and shoulders above them all.  

Why people want him loaned out is baffling.  

4 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I've no idea why Thorniley was dropped.  

He learnt so quickly, how to push and pull really experienced strikers....how to be cute, shepherd balls out well, when to play it, when to leather it, he's good in the air, doesn't seem to get nervous/overwhelmed.  Not afraid to say his piece.  Out of all of our players that came through, he is head and shoulders above them all.  

Why people want him loaned out is baffling.  

Shoulder injury I think.

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, mansfield_owl03 said:

nothing solid coming through yet though                                                                                            

Don't listen to my missus. She lies. It was rock solid and came fine, thank you.