Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox
Just now, gurujuan said:

Well there you go, meets all the criteria Wait a minute, he’s not foreign though, is he?

Yep, would fit in with our other nice Dutch lads before we bin them off. 

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Hector has intimated he wants to return. SB says he wants him back. Owlstalk says he’s not coming back. Mmmmm.

Players say these things on a regular basis, they’ll go where the moneys at 

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Two right sided centre backs as well.

Makes ya wonder what Bruce’s plans are for Lees 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Makes ya wonder what Bruce’s plans are for Lees 

Why?

Börner & Findlay left-side options, Lees & Iorfa right-side. It's Thorniley I think may get squeezed out along with van Aken. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

Why?

Börner & Findlay left-side options, Lees & Iorfa right-side. It's Thorniley I think may get squeezed out along with van Aken. 

Findlay is right footed isn’t he? Though he may play on the left side, I don’t know

Rumours are rumours we arnt signing them all every chance we arnt signing any or even been in for them 

regarding cbs my guess is we will go in for hector and another Cb and look to get van Aken out one way or another 

next seasons pool of cbs

lees 

hector

thornily

iorfa

new 

id be happy with that too 

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Findlay is right footed isn’t he? Though he may play on the left side, I don’t know

He's a lefty, I believe. 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Rumours are rumours we arnt signing them all every chance we arnt signing any or even been in for them 

regarding cbs my guess is we will go in for hector and another Cb and look to get van Aken out one way or another 

next seasons pool of cbs

lees 

hector

thornily

iorfa

new 

id be happy with that too 

Yes, at least there’d be a bit of continuity. The back five, inc Westwood, were solid enough under Bruce, so it’s not an area we need to tinker with. If we can get Hector back, then the only starting spot we need to change, is left back. It would be madness to take apart something that was working so well, when there are bigger issues to address. Really hope Bruce doesn’t go all “Arry Redknapp” on us, it’s just not needed

29 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Why?

I'll be disappointed if we let Thorniley go, still a young un with a bit to learn but I think he'll be a top defender in a year or two with a bit more experience. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'll be disappointed if we let Thorniley go, still a young un with a bit to learn but I think he'll be a top defender in a year or two with a bit more experience. 

I like him too, but we're chasing centre-halves on his side which isn't a good sign. My only doubt in him is his size. He ain't the biggest. I like centre-halves 6'2"+   but that's just my preference.

5 hours ago, George said:

Burton O'Brien was raved about as the best player in the SPL outside the Old Firm. He simply wasn't good enough for the Championship. McLean and JP had done it in England already. Bullen was ok.  To be fair to Donnelly and O''Donnell it was more fitness than ability that was the problem and they weren't the only ones.

He was voted something like that on some silly poll. He was nowhere near the best outside Old Firm, though. If he was we wouldn't be able to afford him in the state we were in back at the time.

5 hours ago, George said:

Burton O'Brien was raved about as the best player in the SPL outside the Old Firm. He simply wasn't good enough for the Championship. McLean and JP had done it in England already. Bullen was ok.  To be fair to Donnelly and O''Donnell it was more fitness than ability that was the problem and they weren't the only ones.

Ian Fleming is best player we've brought down from Scotland. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Me too, and I think is already a capable back up for that left side

42 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Why?

Could be Van Aken gets moved out wide to left back or plays in a back 3. 

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I like him too, but we're chasing centre-halves on his side which isn't a good sign. My only doubt in him is his size. He ain't the biggest. I like centre-halves 6'2"+   but that's just my preference.

His size does go against him, especially if paired with Lees. It’s seems bizarre to think about those two being small, but at a time when Centre backs are regularly 6-4, 6-5, it is an issue. These days, the defensive midfielder in front, is often an athletic 6-3 Sadly, if you don’t match those physical attributes, you are vulnerable

5 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Could be Van Aken gets moved out wide to left back or plays in a back 3. 

My gut feeling and there’s nothing to really suggest this is that van Akens time with us is donor limited I think he needs a minimum of loan but I can see him being one of those bizare players that we can get  a transfer fee for 1-2 million. Probably go back abroad.