Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

23 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I get the feeling that we’ll be selling some players soon? Simply have to, can’t keep stockpiling players again.

I agree, but don't forget we've already released six first teamers plus another similar number of youngsters.

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

30+..? Check!

injured quite a bit..? Check!

Conclusion:

He's just turned 30 and isn't injured often, just wasn't chosen ahead of Mooy et al. Hes a great player and would improve our squad.  On the whole we should be bringing in younger players but nothimg wrong with 1 or 2 of the 6 or so being experienced IF they have the right attitude. 

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We need Morsy more at the moment. Holding midfielder. More reliable than Hutch, better than Pelupessy. 

Powell is a number 10. Not high on the priority list for me. Especially when you’ve got FF, Reach and Lee still in the squad.

Interesting views on Wigan forum. Powell they reckon to Stoke on a huge wage, probably more than we'd offer, but he misses too many matches.

Our link with Morsy unwelcome as he's their captain and a very regular starter who rarely misses a match.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not something I've heard mate, but I could see Winnall at Wigan. A chance to rebuild his form and get regular game time. If we are in for Morsy I'd look to see if they'd be interested in Winnall.

Can see why you suggested this, appears a good fit from the outside. 

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not something I've heard mate, but I could see Winnall at Wigan. A chance to rebuild his form and get regular game time. If we are in for Morsy I'd look to see if they'd be interested in Winnall.

Yeah, completely disregarded cash+player deal. Don’t seem to see many these days, but worth exploring definitely. Winnall must be desperate for a move too.

Cash+player deals were all the rage on Sensible world of soccer. Showing my age now...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We have never had any luck with strikers most flop under us then they always seem to move on and discover a world beating form , can see winnall at Wigan and then being sold for 6-8 mil in a few seasons

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Stockpiling? We haven’t signed anyone yet!

We released 7 players plus those from our youth academy. Joao looks to be on his way out, and with the sale of the stadium, it looks like we have a little room to manoeuvre in the market.

We kept Westwood, so realistically all we need is a Hector back and a midfielder. Possibly a striker too although I think it might be worth introducing Borukov in pre-season and seeing how he does

Guest Kagoshimaowl
18 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

We released 7 players plus those from our youth academy. Joao looks to be on his way out, and with the sale of the stadium, it looks like we have a little room to manoeuvre in the market.

We kept Westwood, so realistically all we need is a Hector back and a midfielder. Possibly a striker too although I think it might be worth introducing Borukov in pre-season and seeing how he does

Are you out of your mind? We have only one actual winger in the squad and that’s Reach. We need at least 6-7 players with TWO of them being wingers!!

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Weird, that’s 4 players I’ve heard suggested on here, we sign from Wigan. Plus the best two, were the full backs they had on loan. Makes you wonder why they struggled

Probably the other 7 

• Haha 1