Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

39 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Guy on my facebook says were linked to this guy Birk Risa playing in germany,LB

Birk Risa I think plays in Norway for league leaders Odds BK. I have seen this team play and they have some ok footballers and a guy on left was their best player. Pretty certain it was him. If we are interested he would be reasonably cheap and worth taking a risk on. By the way Norwegian league is not great.

16 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

so we may have at least 3 strikers leave soon

Rhodes to Norwich

FF to Leeds

Joao to Huddersfield

how much do you think we could get

Where is the FF to leeds thing come from thought he was linked with Blunts.

Rhodes I would say about £2 million they have no money to flash about.

Joao probably £5- £6 million ticks lots of boxes  They need to reduce wage bill drastically so could be an option as apparently will be shoving lots through door.

FF really difficult at his best £14/£15 million would be about right. Watching him this season thought he had lost a bit of pace since injury which will impact his game. he would have to be at best to play in BIelsa team he demands running and FF struggles to do 90bminutes and back it up midweek. more suited to down the road style of play. I think neither of them would pay anywhere near what Dc would want for him. I suspect he will be staying.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

West Brom decided not to sign Dwight gale after season long loan from Newcastle, what a signing he would be guaranteed goals at this level 

Always been a fan of his, but the sums involved would be obscene. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Always been a fan of his, but the sums involved would be obscene. 

Yes, but never really thought he was Premier League quality. A real handful at this level, but isn’t he on about 60k a week? Also, he says he would prefer to move back to London

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, but never really thought he was Premier League quality. A real handful at this level, but isn’t he on about 60k a week? Also, he says he would prefer to move back to London

Happens a lot. Prem clubs buy EFL strikers that aren't quite up to it, stick 'em on bumper contracts that make them unaffordable to bring back down. Gayle, Vydra, Austin, & Hugill are prime examples. 

Edited by wilyfox

16 minutes ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

West Brom decided not to sign Dwight gale after season long loan from Newcastle, what a signing he would be guaranteed goals at this level 

20 penalties a season guaranteed 

• Haha 3

I could only really see us being able to get someone like Gayle if the parent club contributed to the wages on a loan deal e.g. 50/50 split but others are likely to be ahead of us anyhow who can probably afford him on a permanent and pay his wages in full.

Edited by SupremeOwl

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

What sort of fee do you reckon he might be available for?

Depends how many are interested but I’d imagine it would still be 7 figures with his attributes. They wanted 6.5m for him a while ago which was fanciful!

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Birk Risa I think plays in Norway for league leaders Odds BK. I have seen this team play and they have some ok footballers and a guy on left was their best player. Pretty certain it was him. If we are interested he would be reasonably cheap and worth taking a risk on. By the way Norwegian league is not great.

Yeah thats the guy hes in norways u21s hes scored 4 times for them,played in Germany for cologne 2,thats 4th tier i think,but now back in norway.

Like you say not a great standard,could be owt and nowt but this kid says weve been showing an interest.Hed be pretty cheap

• Like 1