Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

The stats from Rhodes at Norwich can definitely be spun to deceive. 

For instance, 9 goals in 40 appearances sounds good. If you point out that 3 of those goals came in the Carabao Cup against bottom-half League One side Wycombe, it loses some of its veneer.

Still, 6 goals in 36 league appearances is a decent return, especially when used primarily from the bench.

Yes, but then you can just as equally point out that he's scored once in six months (his last goal was in mid-January, the goal before that early November). And once in 6 months sounds pretty poor, even for a player that's only started one game since October (that one game being Portsmouth in the FA Cup, his prior start was a home game against Brentford on the 27th October). 

Rhodes' minutes per goal ratio this season has been pretty decent in fairness, one for evey 168 minutes in the league or 133 in all competitions. He's suffered from being stuck behind Pukki who's very similar to him but also better.

Genuine question - how do people know Rhodes signed a four-year contract? I've been searching online to find out whether it's a three or four-year deal and can't seem to find confirmation.

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Sheraldo Becker. 

Brilliant name, sign him up.

2 hours ago, wiggy said:

Happy to be corrected. But doesn’t the rest of the Rhodes fee hit the accounts when we sell in FFP terms?

eg. £8 million split over 4 years. If we sell now we’re on the hook for £4 million minus whatever fee we get? 

So unless we recoup that £4 million, even with his wage saving over this season (35k est approx 1.8 million a year) we’re still down? Admittedly only by 200k. 

True - though don’t forget there’s a loan fee and promotion payment to go on this years. No idea how they are.

48 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Genuine question - how do people know Rhodes signed a four-year contract? I've been searching online to find out whether it's a three or four-year deal and can't seem to find confirmation.

According to Transfermarkt.com, his contract expires at the end of next season, 30.06.2020. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordan-rhodes/profil/spieler/48950

Sure there was someone on here for month saying that Rhodes would sign for Norwich for a small fee.:ph34r:

Cheap buy for them compared to some Premier league signings and seems to fit in there.

Works for both parties. Expect some sort of deal to be done.

7 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

According to Transfermarkt.com, his contract expires at the end of next season, 30.06.2020. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordan-rhodes/profil/spieler/48950

I think all of our forwards bar Joao are out of contract next summer. So there has to be a fair bit of stick or twist this summer. It’ll be interesting to see what Bruce does?

So Rhodes signed a 4 year contract been here two season so 2 years left so potential still £4m of his fee has not hit the profit and loss yet. So as many have said if we don't sell him for a least £4m we make a loss on him.

But we have potentially pay him two years of a £35,000 - £40,000 a week salary which will be £3-4m, we also have to pay the other costs that all employers pay national insurance being one this is 13.8% of the £3-4m, so another £0.5m if he picks up any injuries that could be more cost adding to his fee still left this could cost us anywhere from £6-8m.

Or we sell him for £2m + a bonus is Norwich stay in the premier league probably £500k. we lose £1.5m on the remainder of his fee but over the two season we are £5-7m better off for selling him.

He could come back and score 20 goals but he hasn't done it for the last 4 years he is not all of a sudden going to become the striker that was out Backburn and Huddersfield before.

For me cut our losses and get what we can for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

I think all of our forwards bar Joao are out of contract next summer. So there has to be a fair bit of stick or twist this summer. It’ll be interesting to see what Bruce does?

Yeah, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Winnall and Forestieri are all out of contract, as well as Rhodes. 

That's a fair amount of value potentially worthless in 12 months time. 

I'd keep Fletcher and Joao, and the rest I'd be very open to cashing in on. 

16 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Yeah, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Winnall and Forestieri are all out of contract, as well as Rhodes. 

Think if we shift Rhodes and get someone to cough up 5 odd million for Joao and Winnall then think he will be happy to keep the rest.

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I’d be wanting more than 5m for those 2 players. 

Talk is 8m for Joao alone but I dont quite see that. Think Winnall will be loaned out. So maybe lucky to even get 5m for the pair.

There are some good players available for cheap nowadays especially abroad. 

Us saying we want 14m for Forestieri. 8m for Joao. Probably 5m for Winnall. 

Teams are just going to laugh.

And before anybody says. Yes Madine went for 6m. But I dont think teams are going to be that stupid with money anymore. Especially teams that are going to want our strikers. 

16 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

If selling a few to finance that Kasey Palmer guy is an option................DO IT !!

Not convinced with him at all. Only managed 14 games with Blackburn scoring 1 and assisting 0 then only 15 games with Bristol scoring 2 and assisting 1. A lot of those were off the bench too. 

55 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Not sure there is a great amount of transfer value there anyway. 

FF potentially, but realistically is anyone going to pay big money for a player in the last year of his contract on big money, approaching 30 whose been stop start for the last 3 seasons. Cardiff maybe  now Colin staying? Likewise Fletcher"s age and wage would preclude any decent fee. 

Nuhiu would bring a nominal fee c£500k, Winnall perhaps the most affordable  to generate £1-2m maybe?

If I were a betting man, more chance of Nuhiu and Winnall leaving this window, rather than the other two.