Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Our valuations have consistently been bloody mad under DC. No wonder we never sell anyone.

I wonder if part of the problem is that we've overpaid for several players, so it skews our entire perspective on value in the current market?

I mean, if you're happy to pay £4m a piece for Abdi and van Aaken, then it's not hard to see why you might conclude that João is worth a fortune.

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Bruce sent scouts to look at him a few times when manager at villa

cant say I've seen the lad play

welsh league is a shocking standard tbf but ill take you word for it that he's half decent

Like I said I only played a couple of times with him when we were younger (think he was with Donny at the time) so no idea what he’s like now but I do remember him seeming like a good footballer back then. Nice lad as well. 

32 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Our valuations have consistently been bloody mad under DC. No wonder we never sell anyone.

This is one thing I’m really hoping changes, I know everyone is mad for incoming signings over the summer but one of the biggest things I think the chairman has got wrong is not selling a few when he perhaps should have for the long term interest of the club

20 hours ago, Royal_D said:

This is one thing I’m really hoping changes, I know everyone is mad for incoming signings over the summer but one of the biggest things I think the chairman has got wrong is not selling a few when he perhaps should have for the long term interest of the club

Agreed - it's not as if our squad is worth nothing. Say if we were to sell Reach, Forestieri and Joao, they'd fetch a combined sum of £12m at least, possibly heading north of £15m with add ons etc... Think how much breathing room that could buy us - and I wouldn't actually describe any of those three as irreplaceable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sell FF (Fulham, Villa, Cardiff) Rhodes (Huddersfield), Winnall (Barnsley), Fox (?), Reach (? Wolves, West Brom)

Going on past clubs, past rumours, or mere speculation. 

If we could get $15m for this lot then I think we’ll have done well. 

Get in free agents and loans. 

Edited by Rogers
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Sell FF (Fulham, Villa, Cardiff) Rhodes (Huddersfield), Winnall (Barnsley), Fox (?), Reach (? Wolves, West Brom)

Going on past clubs, past rumours, or mere speculation. 

If we could get $15m for this lot then I think we’ll have done well. 

Get in free agents and loans. 

Ipswich did that last summer :duntmatter:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, camffiti said:

Ipswich did that last summer :duntmatter:

They did ok before getting on Big Mick’s back.  Mid-table whilst spending no money. 

No saying we should strive for mid table mediocrity, but we need to play within the rules. 

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

There’s some talent available for Loan..one example..

7CEA036E-C77D-46FE-A092-E2F677B0A253.jpeg

In my opinion, that list represents everything that is wrong in football

How a club can be allowed to stockpile some of the country's brightest young talent is nothing short of obscene

I know it will never happen, but I wish the loan market was abolished, then players like the ones on the above list would think twice before signing long contracts with clubs that can never give them a first team place.

No wonder football is dying

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

How a club can be allowed to stockpile some of the country's brightest young talent is nothing short of obscene

I know it will never happen, but I wish the loan market was abolished, then players like the ones on the above list would think twice before signing long contracts with clubs that can never give them a first team place.

I thought the rules change from next season where only 7 players can be loaned out from any 1 club? 

Hope so. 

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Isn’t there restrictions next season on how many players a club can loan out? 

On 02/05/2019 at 17:28, camffiti said:

Cahill & Jags to the P*gs 

Believe you me post-445-0-66727900-1449323263.png

A few pigs have mentioned jags that would be a terrible signing at his age but Cahill would be a great signing for them on a free transfer 2 year deal he’d be key in their back four and changing room 

I hope he doesn’t go there but it makes sense