theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

52 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I can't say it's bothering me too much over who we're being linked with TBH.

Odubajo - makes sense. Available on a free. Quick and has experience of being successful at this level before. Worked with Bruce before too.

Borner - Don't know much about him but players have come from Bundesliga 2 and had success in the championship before. Again on a free so comes with little risk.

Cattermole - The type of experienced player that Bruce has an history of going for. I think if he was to arrive, he'd do a better job than a lot on here think?

Matthews - Again a player I don't know much about. Did he play for Cardiff and Celtic? Again it's a signing that wouldn't get the pulses racing but he'd probably come in and do a steady job.

On the whole I expect recruitment to be very similar to the summer of 2011 under Megson. Players coming in on Frees, Loans and Modest Fees that in truth won't excite but will come in and add to the collective and push us in the right direction and who knows maybe promotion? lolgarymegson

Agree with this. Cattermole looked decent early last season in my opinion. Had a good game at Hillsborough and there aren’t many who truly do what Hutchinson does when he can’t play. He’s grown up a lot and is a leader on the pitch and played with Bruce at Wigan I think. My only concern is that he would be quite expensive wage wise with little or no resale value.

He didn’t look great last night but it was a scrappy game generally.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

It’ll cost us less to borrow better Why bother signing a load of players, who aren’t any better than what we already have, and who we will likely be stuck with for 3 years? Seriously, haven’t we been here before

This could be true depending on who we loan and from whom, but to claim that some of the frees aren't better than we already have is very debatable. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

So that’s 8 players we’ve been heavily linked with, and none are under 25 

We need some experienced heads . Fill a team with kids and you are in trouble. Jos proved that .

5 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

Liam Bridcutt or Lee Cattermole or neither? 

Bridcutt was someone I wanted years ago. Not now. It's a no to Cattermole. 

• Agree 3

39 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We need some experienced heads . Fill a team with kids and you are in trouble. Jos proved that .

So did Fergie.

wait a minute... lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Bridcutt was someone I wanted years ago. Not now. It's a no to Cattermole. 

Yes seemed good at Brighton and Leeds. Maybe there's a reason why he's not playing much at Forest. Yes they all seem much of a muchness right now that little batch of ex Sunderland players. Rodwell in that batch too. Never thought much to Cattermole. I'd like to see a defensive midfield type come in but hope it's better than Cattermole. Isn't there a guy at Rotherham or are Norwich still in the hunt? 

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

We’ve done some good business over the years with frees and loans to be fair.

^This

The spine of our team is made up of free signings. It’s when we spend money we tend to feck it up.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

Yes seemed good at Brighton and Leeds. Maybe there's a reason why he's not playing much at Forest. Yes they all seem much of a muchness right now that little batch of ex Sunderland players. Rodwell in that batch too. Never thought much to Cattermole. I'd like to see a defensive midfield type come in but hope it's better than Cattermole. Isn't there a guy at Rotherham or are Norwich still in the hunt? 

Vaulks is the one I want. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

No I understand why those players have been released, what I don’t understand, is why we are supposedly after them.

Because if we weren't supposedly after them you'd be complaining that we weren't being linked with anyone and being proactive in the market.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Because if we weren't supposedly after them you'd be complaining that we weren't being linked with anyone and being proactive in the market.

You trying say guru is a whinge 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Me too. To add an attacking option to midfield. 

Think we'll end up with Mile Jedinak on a free from Villa as CDM. He can also play CB (not very well)

He knows Bruce, is a solid if unspectacular option but won't be cheap. Also has a poo beard.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

You trying say guru is a whinge 

One of the most ironic usernames......a dictionary definition is 'information broker' :biggrin:

Just on a side note here, but rumours are that dem blavges are interested in signing a guy named Carl Ostevez :rolleyes:.

• Haha 1

Just now, cognacbarnowl said:

Just on a side note here, but rumours are that dem blavges are interested in signing a guy named Carl Ostevez :rolleyes:.

Sory, FFS. I tried my best not to, but  :tango::tango::tango:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Derby!

42 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I like Vaulks. Looked promising at Falirk, and did really well at Rotherham. Got rockett of a shot on him as well.

How about Isacc Hayden from Newcastle not getting a lot of game time box to box midfield worker, might get for a season loan on decent terms.

The sort of player we could improve an add back up with hutch unlikely to play e dry game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1