Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

15 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

And you clearly didn't see Keegan run rings around us for Irons in our shock cup defeat, 1970. 

Well, being as I was still crappin in nappies at the time, you'd be correct. Still don't make a Donny lad, from Scunthorpe. 

On 30/04/2019 at 09:52, striker said:

Presume he'll be too expensive, villa  would want to recoup a ridiculous fee and I'm sure Nixon said he was on near £30k per week when he went to the blunts.

Wouldn't mind Hourihane though if we're looking at past signings, or if we've money to spend Kodija?

That's a Big Hitter contract! Wildeh.png.c5b75e759cd5f150c65c235567ba67c6.png

On 30/04/2019 at 17:38, gurujuan said:

As I said, it’s more what he can’t do, that makes me think Bruce will look elsewhere. As well as holding the ball up, and bringing others into play, you need your main striker to run in behind. The three top goal scorers in our league, Pukki, Abraham and Maupay, all scored goals aplenty by running in behind. All operated as a lone striker for their clubs Even if they don’t get a cleat run at goal, their movement stretches the opposition We don’t have that with Fletcher, thus our attacking is often laboured

But it works both ways.

Pukki and Maupay are both very mobile, smallish strikers. They both play in a team that play pacy, passing football on the deck from back to front. We will need to sign a few better players before we could do that.

We saw how well we build from the back earlier in the season.

It would be interesting to see how they would cope with some of the service Fletcher has had this season.

4 hours ago, oldishowl said:

But it works both ways.

Pukki and Maupay are both very mobile, smallish strikers. They both play in a team that play pacy, passing football on the deck from back to front. We will need to sign a few better players before we could do that.

We saw how well we build from the back earlier in the season.

It would be interesting to see how they would cope with some of the service Fletcher has had this season.

True, but we have to play that way. United played a sightly different system, but they still played pass and move The secret is, move the ball quickly  Under Bruce, we passed, but at a tempo that made us slightly predictable

If we have some sort of money to spend in the summer & after hearing Bruce say we’ll have to try and agree a fee with Chelsea for Hector, it sounds like we do, then we’ll finally be able to do some sort of negotiating 

The FFP situation could actually benefit us, no one seems to have a clue what we have to spend and for the first time since Chansiri has been here, clubs won’t be able to rinse us knowing we’ve got millions to spend 

Edited by EcclesallOwl

13 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

heard that we've had scouts looking at billy Whitehouse

he plays for TNS

22, ex Leeds and Donny

Really? Played footy a few times with this lad when I was younger. He was a cracking player then, however the differences between championship footballers and spotty teenagers is quite vast so not sure how he’d hold up for us these days. 

1 hour ago, CharlieOwl said:

Really? Played footy a few times with this lad when I was younger. He was a cracking player then, however the differences between championship footballers and spotty teenagers is quite vast so not sure how he’d hold up for us these days. 

Bruce sent scouts to look at him a few times when manager at villa

cant say I've seen the lad play

welsh league is a shocking standard tbf but ill take you word for it that he's half decent