Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Bates is a loan it seems

Loan with buy option maybe. It would put the transfer fee off till next season when we might have lost a few more high wages and can afford to buy. We also only pay his wages this year and get a good look at him.

Only speculating but would seem sensible.

Just now, WindygrOWLer said:

Can anyone tell me why the Hector deal has fallen through? I'm trying to keep up with things but I'm on holiday in the lakes with the shittest signal ever.....

Appears Chelsea wouldn't budge from their £5 mill' valuation, we wouldn't meet that, thus no deal!!!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WindygrOWLer said:

Can anyone tell me why the Hector deal has fallen through? I'm trying to keep up with things but I'm on holiday in the lakes with the shittest signal ever.....

It seems Chelsea will not budge on their £5 million asking price.

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

1 minute ago, WindygrOWLer said:

I think Chelsea wanted silly money for him.

They sold a Brazilian international to Arsenal in David Luiz for £8m, but for a player they signed for £4m - 4 years ago and has never played a single minute of first team football they wanted £5m. I am happy to say the club told them to do one.

Hector will be a free agent in the summer and whose to say we cannot pick him up for a lot less in January after Chelsea pay his wages for another 6 months while he works on his knitting. 

2 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Appears Chelsea wouldn't budge from their £5 mill' valuation, we wouldn't meet that, thus no deal!!!

Can't complain at the club, Chelsea greedy rumblezoids.

Much rather we spend within our means. Would rather Bates been a perm though as if he does well surely other teams will be in for him?

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

What will happen to Hector? Chelsea are cheeky flaps. 

They'll lose him for less or nothing, whilst he rots. Disgrace.

We'll prob sign him for pennies in Jan now, lol I don't mind it too much.

The fact we've only loaned Bates suggests we're not finished with him. He's not gone anywhere after all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

What will happen to Hector? Chelsea are cheeky flaps. 

They'll lose him for less or nothing, whilst he rots. Disgrace.

Make sense for Chelsea to release him from his contract now as they have over played their hand and come up with nothing for a player they dont need or want. Pure greed at 5 million now they have to pay his wages to January at least. Can see him rocking up here next June on a free.