Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

DC’s a bit of a veteran now. 1 playoff final, another semi, about to appoint his 4th manager, 2 soft embargo’s and numerous Fan Forums under his belt. Add to that, tens of millions, gone like melting snow. Like it or not, the guy is a risk taker, a gambler. I would not be surprised in the slightest if we overextend again but with younger saleable players this time. 

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Let’s hope it’s a good day for us tomorrow and we manage to bring in Luongo, Murphy, Hector and a couple of young Prem loans. Personally not fussed about Aarons or Lazaar. Be nice to be able to get a few of our young players out on loan and try to shift Rhodes, Winnall or even Nuhiu. 

I would be amazed if we brought 5 in, I do have a positive feeling we will get murphy though, Luongo seems nailed on and Hector..who knows. I reckon 3 in and 1 out

In fairness to DC, the logic of Jones Abdi and Boyd was that they had won promotion to the Prem and he wanted us to get there quickly - Rhodes was bought to make us happy on Owlstalk.

Four horsemen of the Apocalypse? More like the fork handles of a wax works.

lets hope he doesn’t put a late bid in for Andy Carrol and Jack Wilshere 

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Lets hope so, I will try and make an exception just for tomorrow. As long as we don’t just sign Aarons and Lazaar! 

Not just aimed at your post, but I don’t get the negativity towards Aaron’s and Lazaar. 

Lazaar was was fantastic until his injury, which Bruce openly admitted to causing by pushing him to another game which he wasn’t quite ready for.

Aaron’s in the late stages of his loan (Bolton away) particularly was excellent. I personally felt losing him at Stoke in the warmup played a big part in the dip off in form which derailed the slim playoff hopes. 

Its always a gamble if bled if any player stays fit, they are both a good age, I’d welcome both back happily. 

If we sign Hector, Luongo, Lazaar and Aaron’s and Rhodes/Winnall or both depart i’d say we’d had an excellent window. 

We have already had a much better transfer window than any of us expected when the SB issue popped up. If we can offload one more striker (Winnall just doesn't seem to get a chance here, so he's the first one out) and sign 1-2 more to our weaker positions, I'm very happy.