theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Reading closing in on signing of Romanian striker George Puscas from Inter Milan for £8million

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Reading closing in on signing of Romanian striker George Puscas from Inter Milan for £8million

I hope that’s a joke 

edit: just looked, it’s not. 

We may as well pack up and go home soon if small clubs under soft embargo like Reading are able to sign players that good.  It’s okay though as we still have Nuhiu 

Edited by Owls-Fan

10 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I hope that’s a joke 

edit: just looked, it’s not. 

We may as well pack up and go home soon if small clubs under soft embargo like Reading are able to sign players that good.  It’s okay though as we still have Nuhiu 

How are Reading able to spend this amount of money whilst we seemingly aren't? 

• Agree 1

They seem to have come out of a 3 year cycle and are able to spend again. Just guessing. 

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

How are Reading able to spend this amount of money whilst we seemingly aren't? 

And Reading look to have beaten Birmingham to the signing, another club under a recent embargo. 

Reading as far as I know are still under a soft embargo and are planning to spend another £8M , what is going on , they must be free to spend again surely?

They've let 7 players go and brought around 5 in and from what I can gather haven't sold anyone for a fee!

39 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

fizz sake. How can they afford to do that. 

7 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Incoming midfield beast... :ph34r:

58978348_2200001733428089_22413038713915

Didn't he go to the great Galaxy in the sky recently? Would probably still pass our medical tho :duntmatter:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Watto said:

Reading as far as I know are still under a soft embargo and are planning to spend another £8M , what is going on , they must be free to spend again surely?

They've let 7 players go and brought around 5 in and from what I can gather haven't sold anyone for a fee!

I don’t think they are under an embargo anymore, like us it was lifted last month. They are making some pretty impressive signings though

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Me, if this window closes and we've signed nobody and are still managerless.......

Tantrum.gif

Oh come on we’ve just signed a keeper that hasn’t played a first team game for 3 years, what more do you want? Take about ungrateful! :biggrin:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Maybe they’re planning on selling their ground. Who knows. We’ve sold ours to pay for past mistakes. The option is now there for other clubs to make good/bad signings now.

we really are falling behind the pack aren't we....:unsure:

hopefully a couple of key additions in the right positions over the next 24hrs will freshen things up and see us look more competitive.

It’s quite painful to watch all these crappy little sides signing quality players whilst we are still paying for the stupidity of previous inept management . 

• Agree 3
  • Haha 1

If rhodes goes today and we dont sign another forward, sign hector and not a CM then i give up.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

If rhodes goes today and we dont sign another forward, sign hector and not a CM then i give up.

Yeah we need to sign more than just Hector, winger/forward is essential as is another CM. The worry for me is we spunk all our cash on Hector and can’t afford anyone else. 

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Now that would be a fantastic signing. Quality player with massive sell on value.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yeah we need to sign more than just Hector, winger/forward is essential as is another CM. The worry for me is we spunk all our cash on Hector and can’t afford anyone else. 

Agreed, we should be aiming for 3 loans if hector signs on a permanent basis. Decent ones as well, not just making up the numbers.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Now that would be a fantastic signing. Quality player with massive sell on value.

Yes, he would be quite a coup That’s the problem with us, people say we are top heavy with strikers, but what they mean is, we have too many strikers who have seen better days 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Agreed, we should be aiming for 3 loans if hector signs on a permanent basis. Decent ones as well, not just making up the numbers.

Absolutely this, players that will enhance the starting eleven

23 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

If he was that good much bigger clubs than Reading would be signing him.

• Agree 3