theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

29 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Borner has looked good from what I've seen so far, so if we went and got Hector who would we play at the back? Or would we play with 5/3?  Or would he be dropped? 

Defensive Line up vs Offensive Line Up

LINEUP111565088325450.png

LINEUP111565088476201.png

I believe Borner has also played left back & defensive midfield.

Is it Joao who wants to leave,or us moving him on??..5-6m,take that all day long..Rhodes same too,but we will need a forward to come in..Gayle or Wickham or another prem forward...Shame to see them two go tho..Big Dave will be sad..UTO...

Just now, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Is it Joao who wants to leave,or us moving him on??..5-6m,take that all day long..Rhodes same too,but we will need a forward to come in..Gayle or Wickham or another prem forward...Shame to see them two go tho..Big Dave will be sad..UTO...

Upto 7 million for Joao, reports were saying he handed in a transfer request a couple weeks back so I'm guessing he wants to leave, But to reading?? Lol unlucky be smashing the goals in league 1 next season for them.

• Agree 1

I really like the best bits of Joao but has everyone forgotten his loan to Blackburn.

They went down! 

• Agree 1

Young Prem loans or some talent from league one or two is the way I hopenwe go in the next few days. None of these old past their best players. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NorthLondonOwl said:

Apparently Joao fee is 5-6m. I’d take that in a heartbeat 

João for that and some nice sell-on clause on top would be the best thing that has happened to us in a while what comes to transfers.

Hector is a very good player, but I wouldn't like to push Börner aside. But could he compete with both Börner/Lees and Hutchinson? Then it could make sense as it's quite unlikely Sam can play all the matches.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Young Prem loans or some talent from league one or two is the way I hopenwe go in the next few days. None of these old past their best players. 

Do well to get young prem loans without a manager in my opinion.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Do well to get young prem loans without a manager in my opinion.

Unfortunately I agree with that. Could have been so different. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What is our fan base. Hector is not a priority. 

Personally my biggest hopes/priorities pre-Bruce leaving were keeping Westwood and Bannan plus bringing back Hector. Anything else would have been a bonus but to me it was imperative that we brought back our player of the season and kept a hold of arguably our key players for some continuity.

Even before the soft embargo, I felt it was important to start wheeling and dealing, and freshening things up. Losing Bruce and the soft embargo were huge blows. Even with the players Bruce brought in before he left, they look astute smart signings, especially Moses and Harris. Borner to me is still an unknown quantity that could still go either way.

I'd still have Hector as our top transfer priority. For the way he slotted in and improved us defensively and the way Lees returned to the player he was alongside Loovens, whilst Hector was here. Yes, we need to strengthen other areas too but if it's possible, bringing back Hector's a no brainer.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Agree 2

Hope we can loan out quite a few of our youngsters as well. 

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

I really like the best bits of Joao but has everyone forgotten his loan to Blackburn.

They went down! 

He did OK at Blackburn if i remember rightly. Scored goals in a struggling team. 

Just checked and he only scored 3 (according to Wikipedia) I will crawl back out of this conversation. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

I believe Borner has also played left back & defensive midfield.

The top formation with Reach on the left and Palmer on the right with Harris or Forrestieri with a free role could be interesting 

Lee will not be playing every week yet after seeing how he tired after half time 

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

Chansiri's kids are at the training ground, according to FF's Instagram story.

DC back, and about to sort some business out.

Well either that, or Att is our new manager.

lol

They decided to come back yesterday after Michael Hector was found sleeping on the door mat outside DC's flat.

Eddie Nketiah is the type of top flight attacking loan prospect that we should consider. If or when, Rhodes joins Joao in leaving and if Winnall leaves too?

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Eddie Nketiah is the type of top flight attacking loan prospect that we should consider. If or when, Rhodes joins Joao in leaving and if Winnall leaves too?

sure I read that Arsenal had received about 20 enquiries about him. 

Leeds are now in for him. Are Arsenal going to send him to Bielsa or to Bullen??

We have no change with players like this and need to lower our expectations

• Agree 1

Yeah I agree that our current manager situation (or lack there of) could hamper our transfer possibilities.

• Agree 2

My, how this lads fortunes appear to have gone backwards......

Walsall have today completed the signing of former Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United striker Caolan Lavery.

3 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Leeds are now in for him. Are Arsenal going to send him to Bielsa or to Bullen??

Don't know who we can or can't get to be honest. More thinking along the lines of that's the type of attacker whose attributes, suggest that type of striker would be a suitable replacement for Joao and would give us something different.

If not him, then someone with similar attributes.

Another one I'd consider would be Armand Gnanduillet at Blackpool, even though he's slightly older than Joao.

11 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Ornstein was reporting this morning that he’s as good as signed for Bristol City. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

He did OK at Blackburn if i remember rightly. Scored goals in a struggling team. 

Just checked and he only scored 3 (according to Wikipedia) I will crawl back out of this conversation. 

He did do ok, like Madine did at Cardiff/Utd on loan and same as us, often off the bench.

When he's good he is unplayable (like Saturday) but it is simply not often enough.

Folk slag Fletcher but he offers tons more and in almost every game.  Waghorn was very similar for Derby last night all match whilst Hudders' threw on 10's of millions quids worth of strikers.....

If the numbers are right and the bit in relation to Hector/Reading is true then time to let go with a decent sell-on clause to cover our backsides (for once).

• Agree 2