Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Don’t know much about Hogan but Bruce signed him for Villa for a lot of money after he had been playing lone striker in a very good Brentford team.

Could he be a loan option 

Presume he'll be too expensive, villa  would want to recoup a ridiculous fee and I'm sure Nixon said he was on near £30k per week when he went to the blunts.

Wouldn't mind Hourihane though if we're looking at past signings, or if we've money to spend Kodija?

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I hope he doesn’t see it like that. Not because we don’t have plenty of options, we do, but none of them are right to play the lone striker role. Fletcher has probably made himself the leading contender, but he still lacks some of the attributes needed for the role

Didn't particularly think he needed replacing when you thought he did at the start of this season and after his performances of late, I definitely dont now.

Money can be better spent elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Didn't particularly think he needed replacing when you thought he did at the start of this season and after his performances of late, I definitely dont now.

Money can be better spent elsewhere.

Sure, it’s all about opinions. In my opinion, we won’t go up if we are relying on Fletcher in the lone striker role. It isn’t me being ignorant to what he brings to the team either, I see that, but there are parts of his game that make it difficult for him to be a success in that role As one of a pair, well that’s a different matter

32 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Sure, it’s all about opinions. In my opinion, we won’t go up if we are relying on Fletcher in the lone striker role. It isn’t me being ignorant to what he brings to the team either, I see that, but there are parts of his game that make it difficult for him to be a success in that role As one of a pair, well that’s a different matter

Although he plays as the lone striker on paper he doesn't actually play as the lone striker if you see what I mean. We do get men up and around him. And until they are up and around him he does his fair share to bring them into play.

My point is more I dont think Bruce is sitting in his office thinking. I must get better than Fletcher for that lone striker role. Think he will have been impressed with how he has done and happy to continue with him and strengthen other areas.

We sell Forestieri, Joao and Rhodes then he may look to add. But that's unlikely.

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Although he plays as the lone striker on paper he doesn't actually play as the lone striker if you see what I mean. We do get men up and around him. And until they are up and around him he does his fair share to bring them into play.

My point is more I dont think Bruce is sitting in his office thinking. I must get better than Fletcher for that lone striker role. Think he will have been impressed with how he has done and happy to continue with him and strengthen other areas.

We sell Forestieri, Joao and Rhodes then he may look to add. But that's unlikely.

As I said, it’s more what he can’t do, that makes me think Bruce will look elsewhere. As well as holding the ball up, and bringing others into play, you need your main striker to run in behind. The three top goal scorers in our league, Pukki, Abraham and Maupay, all scored goals aplenty by running in behind. All operated as a lone striker for their clubs Even if they don’t get a cleat run at goal, their movement stretches the opposition We don’t have that with Fletcher, thus our attacking is often laboured

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

Midfield is the biggest area we are going to be short in numbers this summer with all the potential players released - likes of Lee, Matias, Jones, Boyd and Abdi. Think Bruce is definitely going to look to bring in someone to be dominant in the middle. Our biggest problem is lack of width and there are definitely players out there with the chance to bring in on loan - Patrick Robert or Ryan Kent are just a couple of names that spring to mind but there will be loads more.

Ideally we need to sign a centre half (Hector), two central midfielders , a left back , an attacking wide man with pace , and a striker with pace.

That is six players in total which means given all our FFP problems that would probably mean us having to offload at least a dozen players, at least two of which would be strikers.

21 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Vaulks is a league 1 player at best.

Wilder wanted him for Championship so that 's good enough for me.

Plus , max salary annual under a soft embargo for a new signing is £650 ,000 so we'll be angling in Div 1....at best. 

But then Keegan, Clemence and Hooper all came from  Scunny so can be done. 

Edited by fred mciver
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Wilder wanted him for Championship so that 's good enough for me.

Plus , max salary annual under a soft embargo for a new signing is £650 ,000 so we'll be angling in Div 1....at best. 

But then Keegan, Clemence and Hooper all came from  Scunny so can be done. 

None of em came from Scunthorpe.