theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

George Boyd has been given a two year contract at Peterborough. Decent signing for them IMO.

What does that mean for Maddison I wonder

Love to see Maddison here

• Agree 1

Norwich City are closing in on a loan deal for striker, Jordan Rhodes reports Teamtalk.com.

Rhodes did, of course, spend last season on-loan with the Canaries and I think it’s pretty safe to say that it was a loan that worked for everyone.

The 29-year-old striker made a big impact on the squad according to City’s Sporting Director, Stuart Webber with more than just the goals he scored.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Norwich City are closing in on a loan deal for striker, Jordan Rhodes reports Teamtalk.com.

Rhodes did, of course, spend last season on-loan with the Canaries and I think it’s pretty safe to say that it was a loan that worked for everyone.

The 29-year-old striker made a big impact on the squad according to City’s Sporting Director, Stuart Webber with more than just the goals he scored.

Why would we do that? It’s common knowledge that clubs don’t normally loan out players in the last year of their contracts. 

Unless of course, there was no other interest in Rhodes, or none that might offer more than a loan fee, which would put Rhodes current value at about £2m No takers at £2m, I know he ain’t that good, but even I’m surprised at that

41 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What does that mean for Maddison I wonder

A starting place

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Why would we do that? It’s common knowledge that clubs don’t normally loan out players in the last year of their contracts. 

Unless of course, there was no other interest in Rhodes, or none that might offer more than a loan fee, which would put Rhodes current value at about £2m No takers at £2m, I know he ain’t that good, but even I’m surprised at that

If we sell him don't we have to pay Middlesbrough in full 

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

If we sell him don't we have to pay Middlesbrough in full 

Ah yes, maybe you’re right

It doesn't say we are loaning Rhodes out, it says last years loan worked for everyone. DC only recently said they would have to pay the figure agreed last year if they want Rhodes, that was £7-£8M.

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

realistically speaking which of our strikers do you think would score more in a season,with the same game time,and the pace out wide we now have ?and don't say all of em ffs

3 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

realistically speaking which of our strikers do you think would score more in a season,with the same game time,and the pace out wide we now have ?and don't say all of em ffs

Probably only Joao

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I thought he was in on a four year deal? I know their rag reported he was in last year of his contract, but I assume they're as accurate as the star?

47 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Love to see Maddison here

can you imagine that with the Bruce compo we bring in Hughton as coach, Madison & Hector. 

12 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

can you imagine that with the Bruce compo we bring in Hughton as coach, Madison & Hector. 

Current destination odds for Hector. Don't know if they've changed since recent events.... 

2019-07-15-16-12-04.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thread suspended.

1 hour ago, basegreenowl said:

Current destination odds for Hector. Don't know if they've changed since recent events.... 

2019-07-15-16-12-04.jpg

Probably be worth sticking £5 on him ending up at Newcastle. 

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Apparently two years left on contract.

Surely waint be signing anyone until gaffer situation sorted unfortunately 

Daily mirror reporting were in for joe piggot at Wimbledon after reading failed to finalise a deal. 

46 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Surely waint be signing anyone until gaffer situation sorted unfortunately 

Well apart from Kieran lee hopefully 

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

We’d need at least double the compo to sign those 2