Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

In fact, I’m a bit perplexed as to why we didn’t sign this guy, given our need for a left back

Maybe we won't sign another left-back. Fox, Penney, Palmer & Odubajo competent either side. 4 options there. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

Maybe we won't sign another left-back. Fox, Penney, Palmer & Odubajo competent either side. 4 options there. 

Yeah maybe, but we watched him in Arsenal’s youth team, and he played for our U23s as a trialist, before he joined Blackpool. Not sure, but I think we played him at centre back in the trial game

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah maybe, but we watched him in Arsenal’s youth team, and he played for our U23s as a trialist, before he joined Blackpool. Not sure, but I think we played him at centre back in the trial game

Maybe a spell playing lower league is what he needed u23s only serves it's purpose to an extent 

Bristol City are interested in signing striker Lucas Joao from Championship rivals Sheffield Wednesday, The Bristol Post has reported.

It was reported earlier this week by Sun journalist Justin Allenthat Joao has handed in a transfer request at Sheffield Wednesday, and it seems that has caught the attention of Bristol City & Huddersfield.

15 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Bristol City are interested in signing striker Lucas Joao from Championship rivals Sheffield Wednesday, The Bristol Post has reported.

It was reported earlier this week by Sun journalist Justin Allenthat Joao has handed in a transfer request at Sheffield Wednesday, and it seems that has caught the attention of Bristol City & Huddersfield.

They want him come and fetch him, they know his book price £8 million better hurry though while our chairman is in a good mood lol

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Derby fans really didn't rate him.

Yet he took them to the play-offs, just 1 result short of what the much loved Lampard achieved and Lampard had the advantage of being able to get half of his squad from Chelsea.

Rowett would be close to my first choice but he is better than some of the names on the list at the moment.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yet he took them to the play-offs, just 1 result short of what the much loved Lampard achieved and Lampard had the advantage of being able to get half of his squad from Chelsea.

Rowett would be close to my first choice but he is better than some of the names on the list at the moment.

Ask any Derby fan what they think of Rowett. Desperate football, he had a very strong squad at Derby that year.

And by half of Chelsea, do you mean just two players? They only loaned Mount and Tomori. The former spent a large chunk of the season injured too. By that logic we got half our squad from Newcastle in Aarons and Lazaar.

lol

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ask any Derby fan what they think of Rowett. Desperate football, he had a very strong squad at Derby that year.

And by half of Chelsea, do you mean just two players? They only loaned Mount and Tomori. The former spent a large chunk of the season injured too. By that logic we got half our squad from Newcastle in Aarons and Lazaar.

lol

Yeah, slight exaggeration glad you noticed.

However, Mount played 43 times last season, I'd love it if our players who 'spent a large chunk of the season injured' played that many games. Tomori and Mount were crucial to how Derby played under Lampard and they wouldn't have gone to Derby without him. More than likely had a big say in getting Wilson from Liverpool as well.

If Chansiri goes for Rowett and ends up not getting him you will probably have a go at DC even though you don't want Rowett! :Chansiri:

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yeah, slight exaggeration glad you noticed.

However, Mount played 43 times last season, I'd love it if our players who 'spent a large chunk of the season injured' played that many games. Tomori and Mount were crucial to how Derby played under Lampard and they wouldn't have gone to Derby without him. More than likely had a big say in getting Wilson from Liverpool as well.

If Chansiri goes for Rowett and ends up not getting him you will probably have a go at DC even though you don't want Rowett! :Chansiri:

Or Derby just paid the loan fee Liverpool were asking for Wilson?

Rowett is hated by Derby fans and had a shocker at Stoke. I'd rather stick with Bullen.

And thanks for another dig, appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

He’d be a great fit for Bristol or Brentford. Exactly the type they go for.

They both have cash though. 

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

They do seem to have an eye for a striker and then selling them for a big profit.