Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Need to get amongst the premier league U23 squads, shift a few of these strikers and lets have a young lad like Nmecha at City or Rhian Brewster in 

All the usual Chelsea kids aswell, liked the look of Izzy Brown but struggled at Leeds and think Lewis Baker and Kasey Palmer available again 

Kasey Palmer would be a decent option to have. Brown was good at Huddersfield, bad injury at Leeds unfortunately kept him out last season. 

Baker needs to leave Chelsea permanently, lad must be approaching 25? Was really highly rated at one point. But not the first Chelsea youth product who has lost their way. 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Need to get amongst the premier league U23 squads, shift a few of these strikers and lets have a young lad like Nmecha at City or Rhian Brewster in 

All the usual Chelsea kids aswell, liked the look of Izzy Brown but struggled at Leeds and think Lewis Baker and Kasey Palmer available again 

I mentioned Jayson Molumby quite a few times on here, and got rediculed on here for mentioning it.

As I said before, it is all about spoting talent before they becom common knowledge.

It seems that people on here would want us to sign/bring in on loan Premiership youngsters with 100 first team games under their name, and that just won't happen.

4 minutes ago, malek said:

I mentioned Jayson Molumby quite a few times on here, and got rediculed on here for mentioning it.

As I said before, it is all about spoting talent before they becom common knowledge.

It seems that people on here would want us to sign/bring in on loan Premiership youngsters with 100 first team games under their name, and that just won't happen.

I know nothing  of the lad and I'm not sure how many on do but I certainly wouldn't ridicule any decent suggestion 

4 minutes ago, malek said:

Quite, we don’t really need to look for experience, we have bags of it We need to bring in a few players who are on their way up 

What you get with most of these youngsters, a level of skill beyond what we could afford to buy, most also have plenty of pace and energy and are looking to make their mark in the game. Our policy of bringing loan players who just mirrored what we had anyway, and often even older, was just plain daft

5 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I know nothing  of the lad and I'm not sure how many on do but I certainly wouldn't ridicule any decent suggestion 

Yes, mate that is the point. Getting rediculed for mentioning someone people on here knowing nothing about. And lack of knowledge is a reason for getting rediculed :sad:

3 minutes ago, malek said:

Yes, mate that is the point. Getting rediculed for mentioning someone people on here knowing nothing about. And lack of knowledge is a reason for getting rediculed :sad:

I watch our U18's and 23s fairly regular but that's where my knowledge ends

Don't know where you get your information on these other clubs but I take a bow

23 minutes ago, malek said:

Probably best to remember the site has a really good search function before making these kind of claims... ;-)

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Kasey Palmer would be a decent option to have. Brown was good at Huddersfield, bad injury at Leeds unfortunately kept him out last season. 

Baker needs to leave Chelsea permanently, lad must be approaching 25? Was really highly rated at one point. But not the first Chelsea youth product who has lost their way. 

Don't think Baker particularly impressed at Leeds. Of course the Onamah talks may now be abandoned, assuming Bruce goes. It's getting late to get a new manager in for him to assess the squad and decide what he wants and who he wants.  

Depending upon Ashley paying up, I would expect the compo being used to bring in a suitable replacement for Bruce and his assistants. I doubt there will be enough time for a new man to assess the squad and do any wheeling and dealing? If we have any time for the new man to bring anyone in, it will probably be just loanees. Thanks to Ashley messing us about, we'll probably be playing catch up again. It's key we get it over and done with and bringing in someone who can work with what we've got and basically make the most of it but with not long till the season starts, it will be tricky to get it right and to hit the ground running, which is the most disappointing part because before we became aware of the Newcastle interest, even despite the P&S issues, it seemed like preparations were going well and we'd have a chance to hit the ground running for a change.

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Jamal Lowe is poised to seal his Wigan switch before the week is out. 

There is an air of inevitability at Fratton Park that the winger’s Pompey career is now nearing its conclusion.

And they are signing left back Antonee Robinson from Everton, for a bargain £1-8m He did so well in the championship last season, so if they get Lowe as well, that will be two of the better signings in the championship this season

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Jamal Lowe is poised to seal his Wigan switch before the week is out. 

There is an air of inevitability at Fratton Park that the winger’s Pompey career is now nearing its conclusion.

We should be in for players like him. Perhaps we could have been if Bruce wasn’t pi$$ing us about. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

And they are signing left back Antonee Robinson from Everton, for a bargain £1-8m He did so well in the championship last season, so if they get Lowe as well, that will be two of the better signings in the championship this season

I rate Paul Cook, good manager , wouldnt say no to him here.

3 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Depending upon Ashley paying up, I would expect the compo being used to bring in a suitable replacement for Bruce and his assistants. I doubt there will be enough time for a new man to assess the squad and do any wheeling and dealing? If we have any time for the new man to bring anyone in, it will probably be just loanees. Thanks to Ashley messing us about, we'll probably be playing catch up again. It's key we get it over and done with and bringing in someone who can work with what we've got and basically make the most of it but with not long till the season starts, it will be tricky to get it right and to hit the ground running, which is the most disappointing part because before we became aware of the Newcastle interest, even despite the P&S issues, it seemed like preparations were going well and we'd have a chance to hit the ground running for a change.

The good thing, as mentioned elsewhere, is bullen will still be here. Any new manager will have his advise on what’s right and wrong. 

Edited by Plonk

14 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agreed, but it looks like Swansea and Bristol City are in for him and we don't have a manager.