Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Odubajo and harrisHarris

Still think Odubajo is a full-back primarily. Harris is a decent free, but we don't know whether he'll deliver end-product in championship. We need another winger for sure. Can't go into the season with only Reach & Harris. Penney could be an option, but jury still out on his best position - and whether or not he's even good enough.

Controversy aside for a moment, Bruce has repeatedly said we're top-heavy, light in midfield, and short in wide areas. He's right about that. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Still think Odubajo is a full-back primarily. Harris is a decent free, but we don't know whether he'll deliver end-product in championship. We need another winger for sure. Can't go into the season with only Reach & Harris. Penney could be an option, but jury still out on his best position - and whether or not he's even good enough.

Controversy aside for a moment, Bruce has repeatedly said we're top-heavy, light in midfield, and short in wide areas. He's right about that. 

Yes, but his idea was to sell Joao and Forestieri, our two most likely match winners

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Yes, we need a right winger, Harris plays on the left doesn't he?

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, but his idea was to sell Joao and Forestieri, our two most likely match winners

..with replacements in mind, I'm sure. I bet Bruce would have happily sacrificed Joao, FF, Rhodes, and Winnall so he could sign first choice strikers of his choosing, leaving Fletcher & Nuhiu on the bench. I doubt he was ever going to achieve all of that, but possibly something inbetween. All seems unlikely now though. Plans out the window. 

2 minutes ago, osowl said:

Can play both, as can Moses, Reach too you’d think. That said I’d expect a young loanee in a wide position to come in. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, osowl said:

Harris on the left & Reach on the right works. But we have no cover & competition. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Harris on the left & Reach on the right works. But we have no cover & competition. 

Moses, Fessi, Joao can all provide cover. In terms of competition I’d like to see a loanee brought in that can play either flank. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Moses, Fessi, Joao can all provide cover. In terms of competition I’d like to see a loanee brought in that can play either flank. 

Still comes back to the same need, in my opinion. Bruce wanted 3 or 4. We need a minimum of 2, winger & centre-mid. 

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Can play both, as can Moses, Reach too you’d think. That said I’d expect a young loanee in a wide position to come in. 

Can play is different to should play. I agree a loanee is likely to come in. If not we become one dimensional.

Reach played only notionally in midfield against Lincoln yesterday, most of his work was done on the right wing Against Lincoln, that was fine, but against sides with a decent midfield, that leaves us vulnerable

I think its easy to look inwardly and get excited about our team. We've got quality all over the pitch and plenty of proven championship experience. We've got some good options BUT when you compare it to a lot of other teams they have the same or better. We are still lagging behind if we want to be a top 6 team. Its easy to get excited in pre season against teams like Lincoln but the week in week out slog of the Championship can show you up in no time. I think its key to be unbelievably fit and all be completely in tune with how the manager wants you to play. That alone would see us through a lot of tough games considering we do have some handy players. Overall though as people have said we need 2-3 more first team quality lads. 

29 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think its easy to look inwardly and get excited about our team. We've got quality all over the pitch and plenty of proven championship experience. We've got some good options BUT when you compare it to a lot of other teams they have the same or better. We are still lagging behind if we want to be a top 6 team. Its easy to get excited in pre season against teams like Lincoln but the week in week out slog of the Championship can show you up in no time. I think its key to be unbelievably fit and all be completely in tune with how the manager wants you to play. That alone would see us through a lot of tough games considering we do have some handy players. Overall though as people have said we need 2-3 more first team quality lads. 

Our depth is absolutely fine, like you say it's just about getting the right people in and establishing a balance that our depth can then complement. A highly, highly focussed recruitment strategy needs to be implemented in the next 3 weeks... I honestly believe it could make about 6 league places worth of difference with the right 2/3 signings.

Unfortunately, that's ruddy difficult when we don't know who the manager is going to be in three days' time...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Still comes back to the same need, in my opinion. Bruce wanted 3 or 4. We need a minimum of 2, winger & centre-mid. 

2 wingers, 2 overlapping full backs, two up top ….Any wonder there are those considering we have a flimsy midfield. We can't have 13 on the pitch all at once !

• Haha 1

Is it a possibility that Bruce is not happy with the way things are progressing off the field ie DC over estimating players values, ffp still not sorted so not giving us a fair chance of a top 6 place and that could be why he's talking to Newcastle aswell as the crap about it being his dream job!

20 minutes ago, Slogboy said:

Right

Harris can play both sides from what i seen of him yesterday at Stocksbridge

Would we ever play with 2 out and out wingers ?

Ship out a striker. Bring in a defender, ball winning centre mid and a winger.

The difficulty is our players are on such high wages it’s almost impossible to shift them. Winnall is on a rumoured 18k. He’s not played much football in 2 years and has barely scored. Who is going to match that?

Crap situation until contracts run down and we can start again. Like Bruce said yesterday the balance in the squad still needs addressing. 

13 minutes ago, Watto said:

Is it a possibility that Bruce is not happy with the way things are progressing off the field ie DC over estimating players values, ffp still not sorted so not giving us a fair chance of a top 6 place and that could be why he's talking to Newcastle aswell as the crap about it being his dream job!

People not taking this into account. It’s all Bruce’s fault apparently. 

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ship out a striker. Bring in a defender, ball winning centre mid and a winger.

The difficulty is our players are on such high wages it’s almost impossible to shift them. Winnall is on a rumoured 18k. He’s not played much football in 2 years and has barely scored. Who is going to match that?

Crap situation until contracts run down and we can start again. Like Bruce said yesterday the balance in the squad still needs addressing. 

Derby before he got injured