Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

7 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Could be we lost him, if he was a target, because of problems re the accounts. Hard to see why he'd choose them over us. 

Could be ebcause he wasn't going to be a first choice here, and would be there?

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Fulham sign Ivan Cavaleiro from Wolves. Very good signing for them imo. 

Wolves have steadily moved a handful out, and upto now got none in. Bold strategy for a club playing in the Europa League in a couple of weeks. 

Didn't Bruce say we had nothing else in the pipeline in his post match interview? Obviously anything we were pursuing will no doubt be on the back burner now. On the plus side all recent signings did well yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Didn't Bruce say we had nothing else in the pipeline in his post match interview? Obviously anything we were pursuing will no doubt be on the back burner now. On the plus side all recent signings did well yesterday. 

I think he meant signing immanently. As surely Josh in and around the squad is someone that’s in pipeline even if it doesn’t come off?

I think other than him though, unless a few become made available at other clubs after new signings get brought in, we may be awaiting loans which usually happen a bit later after squads announced etc.  

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I think he meant signing immanently. As surely Josh in and around the squad is someone that’s in pipeline even if it doesn’t come off?

I think other than him though, unless a few become made available at other clubs after new signings get brought in, we may be awaiting loans which usually happen a bit later after squads announced etc.  

You're probably right although any move to sign JM would now be in limbo until we know whats happening. On a positive note either Bruce or the new guy looks to have a couple of bob and there are the loans which I've always felt hold the most promise. 

Edited by Morepork

Not certain got a lot of credibility but John Terry name has been mentioned for managers role, I was told had been recommended to us.

My thoughts were if he had good season with us he would then be able to take over at Chelsea next summer after Lampard is sacked.

• Haha 1

Just now, Morepork said:

You're probably right although any move to sign JM would now be in limbo until we know whats happening. On a positive note either Bruce or the new guy looks to have a couple of bob and the loans which I've always felt hold the most promise. 

I think with or without a manager in place if JM fits profile, is affordable etc he’ll be signed. Guess it’s just matter of him proving worth to coaching staff that we have left by then. For what it’s worth I think the current crop with him included look competitive this season.

CM being the area we’re a bit thin on ground, but every other position has decent options as far as I can see. 

GK: Westy, Dawson, Wildsmith 

LB: Moses, Palmer, Penney, Fox

RB: Moses, Palmer, Iorfa, Baker

CB: Lees, Borner, Thornely, JVA, Iorfa

LM: Harris, Reach, Jaoa, FF, Moses, Penney

RM: Harris, Reach, Moses

CM: Lee, BB, Hutch, Joey, Reach (JM if signed)

CF: Fletch, Nuhiu, Winnal, Rhodes, Jaoa, FF

Loads of options there and I’m sure one or two of youth team get a chance this term, Preston looked ok a year ago, hear good things about Grant and co. So things looking up even with no new additions, although I’m sure 3 loaners at least be coming in.