Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Some good footballers amongst that group, including Lewis Baker, who had a less than impressive spell here If I remember rightly, his dad is a big Wednesday fan. To get the best out of the likes of Baker, Piazon, Chalobah or Izzy Brown, we have to get rid of any notion of playing 4-4-2

59 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Happily take Brown, Chalobah, and Piazon. But we're in a bit of turmoil at the moment so we'll probably miss the boat. 

Me too. With Bruce pi$$ing about we are going to miss out of potentially signing players like that. 

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

Chelsea sent people home from tour looking to loan them out, anyone we fancy? 

Chelsea are set for multiple loan departures as eight young players were cut from their pre-season tour to "continue their preparations for the new season".

The eight returning to Cobham from Ireland include Lewis Baker, Izzy Brown and Lucas Piazon, as well as Trevoh Chalobah, Dujon Sterling, Ike Ugbo, Conor Gallagher and Marc Guehi.

Dujon Sterling.. He's mustard. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Feel sorry for those players. Confidence destroyed at a young age. Will never forge a decent career.

Spoke to close relative of Delac, croatian keaper who at one time was 2'nd longest serving player at Chelsea. Said how Delac told hom how all that loans Chelsea sent him out to destroyed his confidence and ruined his career. 16 years old sent out to new home in new coutry every season, and how he couldn't cope.

30 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

This is where parents need to be educated and get advice before agreeing deals with the bigger clubs, not sure what needs to be done but some thing needs to be put in place to help families decide. 

so many careers getting ruined by this, but I’m not sure all the parents are looking past getting the best deals and the razamtaz of being at the biggest clubs.

if my boys are ever good enough to get signed up, I would be ultra cautious about where they went for development, it wouldn’t be just about getting them to the biggest club or the most money 

True, but this was a 16 years old kid from bloody Zapresic in Croatia who got chance as 16 years old. In his first 5 games he saved penalties from top 2 clubs in HNL. If they let this chance pass it wasn't likely he would get it ever again. They gambled and it backfired, but still he got 5 years worth of wages from Chelsea...

5 hours ago, Morepork said:

In case anyone is unsure......It's not acceptable behaviour to walk in to a Sports Direct and sh!t on the carpet!!! :Sid:

It's not acceptable behaviour... I always thought it was just normal behaviour...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Morepork said:

In case anyone is unsure......It's not acceptable behaviour to walk in to a Sports Direct and sh!t on the carpet!!! :Sid:

Ashley and the staff might not like it but Wednesday fans would think you are a superstar.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I just hope Chansiri  has put in compensation deal ,That Bruce can not sign any of our emerging u18 or u23 players .For 5 yrs.

That could be the only reason Newcastle want Bruce. 

So they can get their hands on the abundance of talent we have coming through the ranks.

:Sid:

Last night there were bets on Jose Mourinho for Newcastle job with betting firm and on exchanges. You have to ask why would someone waste money on something like this when deal cut and dried for Bruce?

Puts tin hat on.