Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

16 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Even “normal “ fans can be angry/ disappointed about this.

Why ?

Because we finally think we have a decent manager who can help us progress 

We are at a very key point of the season where sorting signings (window very short), organising tactics and finding our best team has to be sorted in the next 3 weeks 

We will probably be back to square one with any signings who were coming here because Bruce was here, possibly Hector.

Bruce normally travels with his entourage. Assistants, recruitment staff and fitness people. Might lose all them as well and need to start afresh 

In short even if we got another good manager within a week , which isn’t easy, it would set us back a lot for the coming season.

These things happen, but the timing ain’t good.

Don't get me wrong I get what you are saying and agree with a lot of what you are saying. Me personally just wouldn't begrudge anyone regardless of it being a player or in this case SB of playing for or managing the club they support or in the case of a player going to another club to get a better deal.

I'm just not that sort of person. This is why although i would be disappointed with SB leaving and our pre season as you mention being put back, I wouldn't be bitter because i understand this is what happens, be that in football or in the real world.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Oh Im generally a c*nt, partly due to mental health and partly because I hate everyone :Sid:

Honestly mate, I didn't particulary want Bruce in the first place, partly because I do see him as an "old school manager" in the vein of Hughes/Pulis, who doesn't particularly play a good brand of football, and who needs cash to do anything, which, we don't really have, and 2 because of his history of a lack of loyalty. It's difficult to say if I would be miffed, I guess I would, but not for the finishing position, but for the fact that in my view like I say, he struggles without cash, whch we don't have, so I would still think it was the wrong appointment. That said, When he was appointed I fully decided to give him a chance, and my backing, and was quite happy with what he had done so far, I guess that is why it annoys me even more

My kinda guy. We'd be mates. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

You mean we aren't? After all these years? I'd be hurt if I cared :Sid:

Til now it's been unofficial, like a clause in Bruce's contract. 

6 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Oh Im generally a c*nt, partly due to mental health and partly because I hate everyone :Sid:

Honestly mate, I didn't particulary want Bruce in the first place, partly because I do see him as an "old school manager" in the vein of Hughes/Pulis, who doesn't particularly play a good brand of football, and who needs cash to do anything, which, we don't really have, and 2 because of his history of a lack of loyalty. It's difficult to say if I would be miffed, I guess I would, but not for the finishing position, but for the fact that in my view like I say, he struggles without cash, whch we don't have, so I would still think it was the wrong appointment. That said, When he was appointed I fully decided to give him a chance, and my backing, and was quite happy with what he had done so far, I guess that is why it annoys me even more

Thanks for your honesty.

The other side of the coin is, if we get promoted there are no guarantees that DC would want to keep him as manager in the Prem.:Sid: 

It is very rare that there is any loyalty in football anymore. Hasn't been for a long time.

4 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Thanks for your honesty.

The other side of the coin is, if we get promoted there are no guarantees that DC would want to keep him as manager in the Prem.:Sid: 

It is very rare that there is any loyalty in football anymore. Hasn't been for a long time.

See, that's where I disagree with you, I think DC would be loyal, f*ck knows hes shown more loyalty to both players and managers than he should have. In his eyes, its the Wednesday family.

• Like 1

Needs sorting quickly, not because there’s any panic about transfers, we’ll get them done anyway, but because all this, will he, won’t he, is creating a toxic atmosphere from which he is unlikely to recover from, if he has to stay

Chelsea sent people home from tour looking to loan them out, anyone we fancy? 

Chelsea are set for multiple loan departures as eight young players were cut from their pre-season tour to "continue their preparations for the new season".

The eight returning to Cobham from Ireland include Lewis Baker, Izzy Brown and Lucas Piazon, as well as Trevoh Chalobah, Dujon Sterling, Ike Ugbo, Conor Gallagher and Marc Guehi.

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Chelsea are set for multiple loan departures as eight young players were cut from their pre-season tour to "continue their preparations for the new season".

The eight returning to Cobham from Ireland include Lewis Baker, Izzy Brown and Lucas Piazon, as well as Trevoh Chalobah, Dujon Sterling, Ike Ugbo, Conor Gallagher and Marc Guehi.

The sooner FIFA change the rules on the size of youth team squads the better, this player farming is totally obscene.

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

The sooner FIFA change the rules on the size of youth team squads the better, this player farming is totally obscene.

no argument from me, Chelsea loaning out on average 40 odd a season takes the p*ss

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Happily take Brown, Chalobah, and Piazon. But we're in a bit of turmoil at the moment so we'll probably miss the boat. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Happily take Brown, Chalobah, and Piazon. But we're in a bit of turmoil at the moment so we'll probably miss the boat. 

Is Piazon not one of those who if they were really any good, someone would have bought them by now, he's gotta be mid 20s now

Guest wilyfox

Is Piazon not one of those who if they were really any good, someone would have bought them by now, he's gotta be mid 20s now

Thought Piazon was out of contract now

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Thought Piazon was out of contract now

Doesn't seem to be, and if he is and no one is picking him up, it confirms my thoughts that he just isnt that good. Dudes been on loan so much that if he was really good you would have thought someone would want him

Guest wilyfox

Doesn't seem to be, and if he is and no one is picking him up, it confirms my thoughts that he just isnt that good. Dudes been on loan so much that if he was really good you would have thought someone would want him

Did well at Fulham. I like him.