Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

6 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I guess you have to applaud Wilder for sticking to his 'buy British' policy, but he's going to need a hell of a lot more than the likes of Robinson/Freeman to survive in the Prem.

I think that is with one eye on a return to the Championship, a bit like the West Brom model

13 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Calum Robinson to the blades for 6m is the first bit of business I’ve been jealous of from them. He’s a good player 

He scored 1 more than Nuhiu last season and played 1 more game.

At 24, he might come good, but I am far from jealous.

11 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I guess you have to applaud Wilder for sticking to his 'buy British' policy, but he's going to need a hell of a lot more than the likes of Robinson/Freeman to survive in the Prem.

Many thought they’d need a hell of a lot more to get promoted. 

Wouldn’t be at all suprised if they stayed up and caused a few big shocks on the way. Hope I’m wrong.

9 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We’ve just been unlucky as is the Wednesday way... I’m sure when he took the job here he didn’t imagine he’d get the chance to go there. Realistically, if one of the big 6 or Newcastle/Everton come in for him then he’d go. Don’t think he’d leave if it was a Burnley or a Bournemouth 

Not seen anything to suggest he wasn’t 100% committed whilst here so not sure he’s used us as a stop gap. If anything he seemed quite happy here. Then with Newcastle it sounds like half a dozen big names have turned them down and then they’ve come for Bruce, which isn’t exactly him pushing to go. If we brought in another manager and they did well, and one of those clubs come in for them whilst we’re in the Championship, they’ll probably leave too. It’s just how it is. But plenty of teams do do well and manage to keep their manager so just have to move on to the next one if he’s choosing to go

All we can do now is have their pants down with the compensation. It’s annoying as if you look at the fixture list, first half a dozen games look winnable for a fully fit, well drilled Wednesday team that’s hitting the ground running. This kind of f*cks all that up

Agree with this 100% - some of our fickle fans just love to hate, I will be extremely annoyed if he does leave but I don't see him as the Judas some do.

Even if he has met and turns it down for any reason, I would have him back because at this point in time, thats whats best for our chances this season.

45 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Agree with this 100% - some of our fickle fans just love to hate, I will be extremely annoyed if he does leave but I don't see him as the Judas some do.

Even if he has met and turns it down for any reason, I would have him back because at this point in time, thats whats best for our chances this season.

Sadly cant agree ,we need a manager who wants to be here. Think Bruce has made it obvious he doesn't. Time to move on and find that man.

10 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Sadly think he has burnt his bridges here. More or less ran to meet Ashley and without any thought for this club began negotiations.  No loyalty or respect shown even though DC waited 5 weeks for him to take up his role here and supported him over personal issues. Think we require a manager who wants to be here and is willing to give 100% to this great club not use us as a stop gap while something better comes up.

spot on bud

2 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Cheers buddy cant believe the Neville Chamberlain's on here making excuses for him. The clubs bigger than any Mrs Brown lookalike. 

He's on 40 grand here bud,alot less risk than going to NUFC ,must be mad,av a look on their website,it's meltdown,already on about boycotting if he get's job,imo think it's too big a job for him

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Fulham are considering a £15 million deal to sign Brighton and Hove Albion winger Anthony Knockaert, according to The Sun.

Tell ashley compo is now set at 15mil :duntmatter:

8 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Fulham are considering a £15 million deal to sign Brighton and Hove Albion winger Anthony Knockaert, according to The Sun.

Dominant in the championship, a none entity in the premier League. 15m seems in the steep side though

13 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

That's a lot of money. Also scuppers my hope the Hughton might bring him with him.

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Wilder will probably come up with a weird plan that will surprise a few teams, at least for the first few games

They're going to wear their shorts on their heads and run at teams backwards.

56 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

How as he made it obv though?  You do t know what’s been said and if he’s even spoken to them yet.......

when we know the fine details if he’s tried to manufacture a move then fine get out the knives. 

But all this is at the moment is loads of people presuming he’s had us over.

at least wait for facts before starting a witch hunt.....

Totally agree with this, 

Until we have all the details, we dont know whats been said and done. 

That said, with all the keffufle. Im kinda hoping he goes now. Dont see how anyone wins if he stays. 

12 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Like I said I’m not sure bruce has even talked to anyone yet, I’m not denying that Newcastle might have approached us I think that’s pretty much nailed on but everyone presumes Bruce wants to jump ship, media saying its a done  and deals agreed yet not one person has seen him talking to Newcastle and he’s taking training this morning. 

I honestly think they approached and chanisiri has told him to sling his hook. 

I also think judging  on what Chansiri has done with the sky cameras has probably told bruce to not talk to the press etc. 

It migt be very simple, they approached we said no, and that’s it.  If that’s the case absolutely no problems whatsoever at the club. 

Time will tell I guess but it’s funny how sky have near enough dropped interest in the story now , it’s only getting a very small mention and is nowhere near the top story now. 

Only because they have been made to look like a set of vaginas , good old DC flock with him at your peril 

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

How as he made it obv though?  You do t know what’s been said and if he’s even spoken to them yet.......

when we know the fine details if he’s tried to manufacture a move then fine get out the knives. 

But all this is at the moment is loads of people presuming he’s had us over.

at least wait for facts before starting a witch hunt.....

You can wave the piece of paper (SBruces contract ) when he goes. Then you can applaud as he tells everyone its his boyhood dream. Need to wake up and smell the coffee Bruce has made a career out of leaving clubs in the lurch. The pigs , Wigan twice, Crystal Palace , Hull , Birmingham City. He is a good manager but loyalty isnt his strong point. Sad it is ending this way but was always likely.