Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

28 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Could yet see many Wednesdayites hastily back tracking tomorrow or Saturday.

If he hasn't gone by Sat then he wont imo. 

Why would anyone backtrack?

He's sh*t his nest here.

Edited by Costello 77
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

He's sh*t his nest here.

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Why has he? 

Remember Forestieri not getting on the coach. Same for Bruce.

Up to the last few days Bruce had almost universal acceptance and almost adulation from our fans. Now, even if he stays there will be a decent number who will never trust him again. I'm not saying all fans will be against him but plenty will.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

He's sh*t his nest here.

I think the online speculation and forum comments have done most of the muck spreading in fairness.

If he does go however (I'm nervously on the fence about it) he can expect one or two dog eggs popping through the letterbox of his new magpie nest I would imagine :Chansiri:

Just now, prowl said:

Up to the last few days Bruce had almost universal acceptance and almost adulation from our fans. Now, even if he stays there will be a decent number who will never trust him again. I'm not saying all fans will be against him but plenty will.

Bruce is gone even if Newcastle are too tight to pay..

1 minute ago, Minton said:

I think the online speculation and forum comments have done most of the muck spreading in fairness.

If he does go however (I'm nervously on the fence about it) he can expect one or two dog eggs popping through the letterbox of his new magpie nest I would imagine :Chansiri:

Agree... but what's the best way to nip poisonous speculation in the bud?

11 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Yes I would because we haven’t got a fookinclue what’s going on. 

Haven’t got a clue what’s going on ?   Because there’s no ‘official statement’ ?  Afraid football doesn’t work like that anymore 

Bruce wants to leave 

4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Calum Robinson to the blades for 6m is the first bit of business I’ve been jealous of from them. He’s a good player 

Almost 1 in 4 in the championship. Zero goals in 8 for the Rep Ireland. That's about 1 in 12 in the Premier. So lucky to get 4 all season. Sharp will do well to get 3 or 4 too. Maybe Ravel Morrison will be took on to weigh in with the goals.

Edited by basegreenowl
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, prowl said:

Sadly think he has burnt his bridges here. More or less ran to meet Ashley and without any thought for this club began negotiations.  No loyalty or respect shown even though DC waited 5 weeks for him to take up his role here and supported him over personal issues. Think we require a manager who wants to be here and is willing to give 100% to this great club not use us as a stop gap while something better comes up.

Guest LondonOwl313
15 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Sadly think he has burnt his bridges here. More or less ran to meet Ashley and without any thought for this club began negotiations.  No loyalty or respect shown even though DC waited 5 weeks for him to take up his role here and supported him over personal issues. Think we require a manager who wants to be here and is willing to give 100% to this great club not use us as a stop gap while something better comes up.

We’ve just been unlucky as is the Wednesday way... I’m sure when he took the job here he didn’t imagine he’d get the chance to go there. Realistically, if one of the big 6 or Newcastle/Everton come in for him then he’d go. Don’t think he’d leave if it was a Burnley or a Bournemouth 

Not seen anything to suggest he wasn’t 100% committed whilst here so not sure he’s used us as a stop gap. If anything he seemed quite happy here. Then with Newcastle it sounds like half a dozen big names have turned them down and then they’ve come for Bruce, which isn’t exactly him pushing to go. If we brought in another manager and they did well, and one of those clubs come in for them whilst we’re in the Championship, they’ll probably leave too. It’s just how it is. But plenty of teams do do well and manage to keep their manager so just have to move on to the next one if he’s choosing to go

All we can do now is have their pants down with the compensation. It’s annoying as if you look at the fixture list, first half a dozen games look winnable for a fully fit, well drilled Wednesday team that’s hitting the ground running. This kind of f*cks all that up

6 hours ago, basegreenowl said:

Almost 1 in 4 in the championship. Zero goals in 8 for the Rep Ireland. That's about 1 in 12 in the Premier. So lucky to get 4 all season. Sharp will do well to get 3 or 4 too. Maybe Ravel Morrison will be took on to weigh in with the goals.

Never seen him as an out and out striker but a decent attacking mid. I know PNE have played him up front though 

4 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We’ve just been unlucky as is the Wednesday way... I’m sure when he took the job here he didn’t imagine he’d get the chance to go there. Realistically, if one of the big 6 or Newcastle/Everton come in for him then he’d go. Don’t think he’d leave if it was a Burnley or a Bournemouth 

Not seen anything to suggest he wasn’t 100% committed whilst here so not sure he’s used us as a stop gap. If anything he seemed quite happy here. Then with Newcastle it sounds like half a dozen big names have turned them down and then they’ve come for Bruce, which isn’t exactly him pushing to go. If we brought in another manager and they did well, and one of those clubs come in for them whilst we’re in the Championship, they’ll probably leave too. It’s just how it is. But plenty of teams do do well and manage to keep their manager so just have to move on to the next one if he’s choosing to go

All we can do now is have their pants down with the compensation. It’s annoying as if you look at the fixture list, first half a dozen games look winnable for a fully fit, well drilled Wednesday team that’s hitting the ground running. This kind of f*cks all that up

Newcastle hardly a big top team at present bottom 3rd year on year. Bruce has done reasonably well since arriving and has had the support of all. This season would have been the guide of any real progress we have made. I would say SB has previous for team jumping ask are mutant friends down the road. End of the day his reign will be a very small paragraph in the history of this great club when we all thought it was going to be so much more.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Never seen him as an out and out striker but a decent attacking mid. I know PNE have played him up front though 

Wilder will probably come up with a weird plan that will surprise a few teams, at least for the first few games