Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

We need pace up front it will be intriguing to see who sb goes for. these players are usually very expensive so it will be a loan signing no doubt.

And should be, for we can attract a better player on loan, than we could possibly hope to buy

43 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

And should be, for we can attract a better player on loan, than we could possibly hope to buy

All those years we genuinely had no money to spend at all. Now we do, we can’t bloody spend it. English football really seems to be a joke and we as a club seemingly tend to find ourselves affected by it more than most for some strange reason? :wacko:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

All those years we genuinely had no money to spend at all. Now we do, we can’t bloody spend it. English football really seems to be a joke and we as a club seemingly tend to find ourselves effected by it more than most for some strange reason? :wacko:

I guess, yes. My thoughts, tailored to our current situation, are that, by and large, we have enough experience, but what we need are younger, fitter legs. Other than the centre back situation, where we probably need that extra experience, we can do this by borrowing youngsters from top flight clubs. They address what we need at the moment, youthful energy, pace, and a level of talent we don’t have. Really hoping Bruce is the guy who can persuade some top young talent to have a year with us. 

If we/they fail, we then won’t be stuck with them beyond this year, but if we are successful, then we might be in a position to purchase them If nothing else, it buys us time until our own group of talented youngsters are able to step forward

45 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I guess, yes. My thoughts, tailored to our current situation, are that, by and large, we have enough experience, but what we need are younger, fitter legs. Other than the centre back situation, where we probably need that extra experience, we can do this by borrowing youngsters from top flight clubs. They address what we need at the moment, youthful energy, pace, and a level of talent we don’t have. Really hoping Bruce is the guy who can persuade some top young talent to have a year with us. 

If we/they fail, we then won’t be stuck with them beyond this year, but if we are successful, then we might be in a position to purchase them If nothing else, it buys us time until our own group of talented youngsters are able to step forward

I think we’re in safe hands with Bruce. What he’s done in his short time here and at other clubs in the past shows he is the right man for where we currently are.

He’s a good operator in the market. Likes his experienced players but taps into quality youngsters on Loan from the Top Clubs and not also afraid to take a chance on youngsters from smaller clubs as his purchases of Maguire from United ;-) and Clucas from Chessie? at Hull and Bree and Hourihane from Barnsley at Villa show.

We just need to give him time and I think we will because let’s be honest who are we going to get who’s going to do a better job than Bruce?

On 27/04/2019 at 08:41, Quist said:

We need pace up front it will be intriguing to see who sb goes for. these players are usually very expensive so it will be a loan signing no doubt.

Lowe at Portsmouth is who I'd try for pacey young guy and can play ether upfront or on wing

9 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Alan Browne has 12 goals from midfield at Preston this season, I'd prefer him to Pearson to be fair, not saying we could afford him but we need more goals from that position, we need someone to replace Lee. 

I'd  e very surprised if Lee isn't offered a 1 year deal with option to extend. Why make such a big deal about his return if nothing was lined up.

I think the advantage Bruce has in his favour is his standing within the game. He will have contacts at most clubs I'd imagine, and despite the fact he might not know some of the managers personally, I'd hazard a guess that some managers don't even know the kids they have on their books. Bruce will have good club contacts that can be utilised. Let's hope it works for us.

The spine of the team is what we need to get right. If it’s not to be Westwood, who is one of the best in the division, then we have to find similar Ditto Hector, with those two on board, Bruce’s job will be so much easier. A quick left back also

In the middle of the park, a trio of Hutchinson, Bannan and a fully fit Lee, looks a perfect blend. Lee, or more accurately, his fitness, is the big unknown. If he can come through, then this is an area that takes care of itself All we will need in this department, is a selection of younger options who can step in, as there are some older legs in there.

Finally, we need a mobile goal scoring leader of the line.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

The spine of the team is what we need to get right. If it’s not to be Westwood, who is one of the best in the division, then we have to find similar Ditto Hector, with those two on board, Bruce’s job will be so much easier. A quick left back also

In the middle of the park, a trio of Hutchinson, Bannan and a fully fit Lee, looks a perfect blend. Lee, or more accurately, his fitness, is the big unknown. If he can come through, then this is an area that takes care of itself All we will need in this department, is a selection of younger options who can step in, as there are some older legs in there.

Finally, we need a mobile goal scoring leader of the line.

Agree apart from the midfield. I think we need freshening up after having the same players for 5-6 seasons now in that midfield. Which is crazy by modern standards. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Agree apart from the midfield. I think we need freshening up after having the same players for 5-6 seasons now in that midfield. Which is crazy by modern standards. 

Ideally, if we can find 3 young players with similar attributes, then we can mix and match when needed

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Fletcher has been just fine and given the strikers we have on our books that will be the last place Bruce looks to strengthen.

I hope he doesn’t see it like that. Not because we don’t have plenty of options, we do, but none of them are right to play the lone striker role. Fletcher has probably made himself the leading contender, but he still lacks some of the attributes needed for the role