Jump to content
theowlsman

Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Plonk said:

And a first class manager who knows this league. 

Excellent manager well done chairman 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jansson is a good player but a bell end and fell out with Bielsa with that “free equaliser” vs Villa.

 

Doesnt seem a Wilder type. I saw someone suggest Brentford!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Jansson is a good player but a bell end and fell out with Bielsa with that “free equaliser” vs Villa.

 

Doesnt seem a Wilder type. I saw someone suggest Brentford!

Wilder doesn't care about reputation,the sheffield star ran a piece about Jansson signing for dem blavdes which i then linked to in the mega (we aint signed anyone officially yet) transfer thread.

Edited by DELUDED OWL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Wilder doesn't care about reputation,the sheffield star ran a piece about Jansson signing for dem blavdes which i then linked to in the mega (we aint signed anyone officially yet) transfer thread.

 

I don’t think he likes bad eggs, but it’s reported by BBC that Brentford are signing him to replace Konza 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

 

I don’t think he likes bad eggs, but it’s reported by BBC that Brentford are signing him to replace Konza 

Hmmm,what makes a "bad egg" a player who gets proper face on because his manager told his team to let the opposition score a "freebie" in Janssons case,or a guy who likes lamping people or just being  Git in general in Madines case ?

 

£5.5 MILLION,crikey thats quite a fee for brentford.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bizarre that Jansson's going to Brentford. That's a cracking signing for them, along with some other impressive business they've recently done. Would've thought a parachute payment or recently promoted club would've happily snapped him up? 

 

With the way things are going this summer, I could see the likes of Brentford and Bristol City being this season's dark horses, and they might be right up there with the likes of Cardiff and Fulham, who should be a force with their parachute/failure payments?

 

It seems with the soft embargo/financial hindrance, like being a difficult task even for a proven manager like Bruce. But if anything, we've still got a chance, regardless of what business we do or don't do, merely because we've got Bruce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Hmmm,what makes a "bad egg" a player who gets proper face on because his manager told his team to let the opposition score a "freebie" in Janssons case,or a guy who likes lamping people or just being  Git in general in Madines case ?

 

£5.5 MILLION,crikey thats quite a fee for brentford.

 

Does sound a lot of money for them. Then again they seem to be a club that buys players and sell them for big profits so guessing they always have a bit of money in the bank for deals like this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Bizarre that Jansson's going to Brentford. That's a cracking signing for them, along with some other impressive business they've recently done. Would've thought a parachute payment or recently promoted club would've happily snapped him up? 

 

With the way things are going this summer, I could see the likes of Brentford and Bristol City being this season's dark horses, and they might be right up there with the likes of Cardiff and Fulham, who should be a force with their parachute/failure payments?

 

It seems with the soft embargo/financial hindrance, like being a difficult task even for a proven manager like Bruce. But if anything, we've still got a chance, regardless of what business we do or don't do, merely because we've got Bruce.

The only thing i would disagree on is Fulham,just don't see Scott Parker doing that well,but hey Lampard made me look like git last season so we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Hmmm,what makes a "bad egg" a player who gets proper face on because his manager told his team to let the opposition score a "freebie" in Janssons case,or a guy who likes lamping people or just being  Git in general in Madines case ?

 

£5.5 MILLION,crikey thats quite a fee for brentford.

 

Hes cited as being disruptive in the dressing room that’s why they are selling him to Brentford. Signing Madine just showed how desperate he was in January in my view. Hope he signs him again. But he might not be a disruptive player. 

 

 

Edited by Bluesteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brentford have been a huge selling club for years, they finished above us last season. 

 

They wouldn't spend that much, if they thought it wasn't their time. Big statement, if true

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

The only thing i would disagree on is Fulham,just don't see Scott Parker doing that well,but hey Lampard made me look like git last season so we'll see.

 

Yeah, that could be their undoing, as well as all the players they signed last season. But, I'd expect them to be in the mix, they should have a few players like Cardiff who know the level and I'd expect them to splash the cash or wheel and deal before the season starts. To be honest at present, play offs are our best hope but if Bruce isn't backed enough, we don't sell anyone and fail to bring in Bruce's top targets, then top 6 would realistically be difficult. However, the Championship is unpredictable and gruelling, anything can happen, Bruce knows that and as long has we've got him, we've got a chance but he'll really have to work his magic, and test and utilise every bit of his experience and knowledge, it seems.

Edited by The Night-Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't see Brentford forking out that kind of money, where there will be no future profit more than likely................Think it is more probable that Fulham have made that kind of offer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Brentford have been a huge selling club for years, they finished above us last season. 

 

They wouldn't spend that much, if they thought it wasn't their time. Big statement, if true

 

Not just him they've signed or signing. Just like Bristol City, they're recouping lots and spending smartly but going more for it this summer. They both might have even more to spend soon too, with rumours of big money moves for a couple of their players to the top flight. The way they're both selling and recruiting, as a hint of Norwich last season about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

 

Agree. Allegiances aside, he's one of the top centre backs in the division. Him leaving, will be a massive early blow for Leeds. It also suggests, there's disharmony in their camp? With some of the players they got, the way things finished last season and Bielsa's well known ego and his desire to do things his way and his way only. Things could quickly unravel before the season even starts or early on in the season this time, it seems?

I always thought it was Kyle Bartley that held them together when he was on loan there, but my relatives said it was Jansson that sorted their defence out, they say Leeds always struggle when he misses games.

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

 

Not just him they've signed or signing. Just like Bristol City, they're recouping lots and spending smartly but going more for it this summer. They both might have even more to spend soon too, with rumours of big money moves for a couple of their players to the top flight. The way they're both selling and recruiting, as a hint of Norwich last season about it?

 

When you haven't got much, you have to make it count. Alot of thought goes into every action.

 

We clearly haven't had any knowlegeable thought behind our actions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I always thought it was Kyle Bartley that held them together when he was on loan there, but my relatives said it was Jansson that sorted their defence out, they say Leeds always struggle when he misses games.

 

 

 

Yeah, I thought that too back when I wanted us to go for someone like Bartley. Hector last season, seemed like that man for us.

 

It could in a way, be a bit like, Lees for us? Where Lees, plays much better and holds us together at the back, when he plays alongside someone more reliable and they can share the leadership responsibility? Lees, seems to look a much better player when alongside someone like Loovens or Hector, maybe he's similar to Lees, and Bartley or Cooper was his Loovens or Hector? Leeds looked brittle without Jansson in the play off 2nd leg. It was telling back then, how Bielsa ignored him when Berradi got sent off against Derby?

 

Jansson's a very good defender at this level. Leeds will miss him and will struggle to replace him. If Brentford have an ideal partner to play alongside him and continue spending smartly, I really could see them in the mix this season.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really will be gutted to miss out on Hector. Maybe if it wasn’t for this sodding embargo and spunking crazy amounts of money on players that didn’t improve us we could have signed him. 

we hear you !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Jansson is a very good defender for this level and will be a big miss for them. He’s a total daft coont however with a brain the size of a pea and I’m gobsmacked that there has been a fallout. Jansson and Leeds are a perfect fit! 

 

Leeds could struggle at the back next season as Cooper is overrated and Berardi is another daft coont and is a red card waiting to happen. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not everyone can play.

 

If you have a whole team of players who expect to play week in week out, that's where it goes boobies up.

 

You need players who you can rely on and call upon when needed, who don't lose morale and confidence because they don't expect to play every game.

 

Its not about expecting. But all players want to be playing. There’s a difference that you seem to be struggling with. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bristol City and Brentford appear to be doing decent business and they probably will be there or thereabouts but despite all the typical optimism on here :rolleyes: I wouldn't rule us out and the reason why is because this is probably the last chance for a lot of this current squad and deep down they probably know this and you may see a more determined Wednesday side this season than we have done for a while?

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...