Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

6 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Some news  out of the club today 

Cameron Dawson's birthday.   Let's all go mental.

Happy bloody birthday Cammy.

I hope the club arnt making him a cake 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

26m for Mings.

Football is officially broken.

Bonkers. 

40m for Tarkowski is one I read earlier. 

Mind you 60m for Harry Maguire is ludicrous. One decent World Cup against crap opposition has done well to hide the fact he isn’t really all that.

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bonkers. 

40m for Tarkowski is one I read earlier. 

Mind you 60m for Harry Maguire is ludicrous. One decent World Cup against crap opposition has done well to hide the fact he isn’t really all that.

Exactly can you imagine if we had gone up and then got quoted 26m from Chelsea for Hector.

Premier League clubs just get rinsed all the time.

17 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

My point is more along the lines of they have sold 64 million of talent and are no closer to the premier league then us. 

I would like to think had we received the same amount we would already be there by now.

Not an unfair point to make.

But on the flip side, it's not unfair to say that out transfer strategy has prevented us from accumulating £64m of talent. An amount that, as you rightly said, would surely be enough to get us promoted. End of the day, when clubs like Brentford are making a factor of 10 more through transfer market dealings than clubs like Sheffield Wednesday over the last 4/5 years... the clubs like Sheffield Wednesday are doing something wrong.

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Who is Edwards?

Are we finally getting our hands on Carlos Edwards :cool:

Edwards is Marcus Edwards a right winger/forward at Spurs who Potchetino dubbed the new messi when he joined spurs, but hasn’t really progressed since 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Not an unfair point to make.

But on the flip side, it's not unfair to say that out transfer strategy has prevented us from accumulating £64m of talent. An amount that, as you rightly said, would surely be enough to get us promoted. End of the day, when clubs like Brentford are making a factor of 10 more through transfer market dealings than clubs like Sheffield Wednesday over the last 4/5 years... the clubs like Sheffield Wednesday are doing something wrong.

Our transfer dealings need alot of work. 

But what I am trying to say is If we had that money we would invest in better players to get us to the premier league.

Brentford have a model of buying them cheap and then selling them at there peak to get maximum profit for them.

Had Smith had the opportunity to keep some of the talent that has passed through there in the last 3 seasons and not had to sell them and replace them with inferior cheaper players they would be a premier league club now I am sure of it.